2022-2023 NFL Discussion

great game is on tonight. Chiefs vs Charger. You can watch it if you have Amazon Prime who bought the rights to Thursday night football for this season.

great game is on tonight. Chiefs vs Charger. You can watch it if you have Amazon Prime who bought the rights to Thursday night football for this season.
If you don't have Amazon Prime but must have Thursday Night Football don't go with the yearly subscription unless you intend to use it after the NFL regular season. You will better off price wise going monthly. For a year Amazon Prime is $139.00. Monthly it is $14.99 per month. Since I believe you still get a free month as a trial you would be looking at ~$60.00. Just cancel after the regular season.

I foresee Amazon Prime subscriptions skyrocketing due to football fans. I read Amazon paid like $13 billion total for thursday night footbal game broadcasts for the next 11 years. Plus they have the actual broadcast costs.

Last edited:
I hate that Amazon would do that... Seems like a big greedy money grab. Lots of people like football and pay for cable to see it. Then Amazon comes along forcing people to buy their service to see it. That's messed up in my opinion.

I foresee Amazon Prime subscriptions skyrocketing due to football fans. I read Amazon paid like $13 billion total for thursday night footbal game broadcasts for the next 11 years. Plus they have the actual broadcast costs.
I have Prime anyway, have for years. For me it isn't just the video as it also includes free 2 day shipping (not all sellers qualify for this) and music. I do it mostly for the video though as there is a lot of the types of things I like available. Actually it is one of the cheaper streaming services. At $139.99 a year it breaks down to ~$11.58 per month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that Amazon would do that... Seems like a big greedy money grab. Lots of people like football and pay for cable to see it. Then Amazon comes along forcing people to buy their service to see it. That's messed up in my opinion.
I see no difference than when the NFL network had Thursday Night Football since 2006. Even though the NFL Network came through cable it cost an extra fee. When you consider the addition of free shipping and music that goes along with Prime Video it is probably cheaper than when the NFL Network had it. I really don't consider it any different than ESPN having Monday Night Football which, even though included in most cable packages, is still not free.

One of the biggest complaints I hear is that a lot of the cost for a stadium comes from tax payers. What they don't consider is that the taxes come from the team's city. It has always been that local affiliate stations still carry over the local networks, such as CBS and FOX, in the cities that home the teams playing.

All the above is just the real world and how it is. My personal opinion is that all games should be carried on the major over-the -air networks. Still, without the streaming services, I would almost never see my Cleveland Browns as I live in Wyoming.

A lot of this all depends on your involvement in the sport.

My view on football:
1663362540375.png

Call me guilty for going off topic but how about Cleveland Baseball? Hey, it's still sports. ;)

The Cleveland Indians... Guardians... are the youngest team in major league baseball as to average age. They are also starting three rookies. One of these rookies made the all star game as a rookie. Yet, with 17 games to go in the regular season they are in 1st place in their division by 4.5 games. What a tribute to the coaching staff!!!!

The Lions have won a game and it’s not even anywhere near the end of September. Excuse me while I sit down for a while.

NFL rarely gets into the UK media....unless a game is played over here (other than USAF games) or something horrible happens

Horrible would be an understatement.......and the shove aside by Haskins, not entirely convinced it was intentional since the player would not have realised how potentially serious the injury might have been, it appeared like a "heat of the moment" shove rather than an intentionally aggressive shove

Hopefully Jackson will recover fully and return to the game in due course providing it is safe to do so after a neck hyperextension like that.

Just took a look and you don't have to subscribe to the entire Amazon Prime package to get Thursday Night Football. You can subscribe just to Prime Video for $8.99/month. With a free trial month, if done now, you would only be paying a total of $17.98 for the season.

Most reactions

trending

Back