2020 Victory Gardens

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I always segregate and hand pollinate all of my peppers for accuracy and production. However, a few of my peppers aren't growing 100% true, but they're still tasty and the nursery I got them from (Cross Country Nursery) made things right. They're a great company and this is my first issue with them after many years of ordering from them and I will continue to support them.

I am pulling a couple dozen ripe peppers off daily. I'm freezing most, but I started a hot sauce ferment the other day with pods from one of the mystery hybrids that didn't grow true. They aren't pure Naga Morichs, but they are still stupid hot and taste great. I'm going for a bare bones, basic fermented hot sauce (think Tabasco without so much vinegar and hot enough to melt concrete).

I've also got plans to make some sauces to share with members. Would anyone be opposed to a fun contest of some sort? I'd love to see more folks throwdown in the kitchen and share their talents.

20200913_094613.jpg
20200913_093817.jpg
20200913_094102.jpg
20200913_093723.jpg
20200914_200749.jpg

Wow, @Flushable Pets, those are nice looking peppers. I consider myself a bit of a chili head (I eat tabasco sauce like ketchup), but I think your peppers are a little over my head. ha ha But I'm a decent hand in the kitchen, if I may say so, and I wouldn't be averse to trying some of your bottled lava. What do you have in mind?

Wow, @Flushable Pets, those are nice looking peppers. I consider myself a bit of a chili head (I eat tabasco sauce like ketchup), but I think your peppers are a little over my head. ha ha But I'm a decent hand in the kitchen, if I may say so, and I wouldn't be averse to trying some of your bottled lava. What do you have in mind?

I tend to make a variety. From traditional Louisiana style fermented hot sauce ala Tabasco or Crystals to Asian, Indian, Hawaiian and even smoky southwestern. Depends on my mood.

I, too, know my way around the kitchen. I owned and ran a very successful and respected restaurant for years. I also didn't get as fluffy as I am eating McDonald's because I don't touch the stuff. Never trust a skinny chef!

On one hand I miss being creative, but on the other hand I don't miss the stress of restaurant work.

Send me a PM. Once I get some sauces in order, I'll hook you up. First things first, I need to order some new 5oz woozy bottles. I used my last one yesterday.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back