2012 Theorys?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
the south american tribes (mayans,incas.etc.) died out from wars between themselves and the spanish conquistadors. im sure famine and drought made it hard on them as well (but loads of rivers, etc). the mayans were a particularly advanced civilization for their time. right up there with the ancient greeks, romans and egyptians on matter of math, science and philosophy. what makes them "more" special is that they did not have trade routes between other advanced civilizations (greeks romas or egyptians) while all of the above did. there was contact between the greeks romans and egyptians as far as trade and that helped foster ideas being spread around...the mayans did it on their own.

the end of the mayan calendar just signifies the end of a cycle (thats why the calendar ends..it will just pick up where it started, much like after december we go back to january)..so i am in NO way worried...not was i worried about Y2K..lots of hype to create hysteria IMO.
cheers

That is what it was. The end of the cycle. I couldn't remember exactly how they worded it in the special I saw, I just remember them saying something about that time ending and starting anew. But that was the exact word they used the end of the cycle ... modern historians have just interpreted that as the end of the world.

Pff? Enough Wrinkles You look atleast 20 ;)

30 years ago :)

Man who cares about 2012, as I said before, if it is as bad as the movie then I hope we do die as we don't deserve to live producing that kind of rubbish.

I Hope 2012 Kills you first Ace.

aha joke mate. :good: Knowing my luck i'll die first :)

Can you recap me on that.

:D i heard about it but not what it was about :blink:

Obama hasn't really done much as far as I can see, but I don't live in the US, so my comment isn't valid, anyways, I'm in the UK, and I know who I'm voting for when I'm old enough.

Your comment is semi valid,congress here in the us is acting like a bunch of two year old bye doin nothingand crying every time the other side says something,he has gotten some bigthings done unlocked aids travel restrictions ,unlocked stem cell reasurch,and handling this situation in haiti rather well,but many things he hasnt done,or many things he basnt tackled like gay rights,abortion,the nationl debt and deficit,heath care,etc.....but i will admit hes got a lot on his plate

2012 just another excuse for another pointless thread well at least it gets one's post number up :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back