About

"2012"

what are your views about it?

Does it worry you?

Does'nt it bother you?

What are your opionions about it?

me personally think its a load of bull.

what about you lot?

It's the end of the mayan calender which is why they believe it is the end of the world.

For me, its a load of ********.

I'm british so I follow the gregorian calender not the mayan.

Im a british person too.

I Like the mayans or what ever it is.

i belive they're sort of extrioudanry.

But no i do not believe in it.

just because the calander ended does'nt mean the end of the world is near.

amybe the felt lazy and gave up?

I don't believe it eithor, but if it is true a wish they would say for sure ... that way I can stop paying credit card bills and have some fun :lol:

ppfft if its gonna end its gonna end, like heck am i gonna spend the next 2 yrs worrying about it

i have enough wrinkles
cry1.gif

Pff? Enough Wrinkles You look atleast 20 ;)

:good: If it does happion well lets just say Dam. I Did'nt get to the age where i keep marine aquariums :( Lmao

I think what truck means, and I vaguely remember hearing this myself, is that the end of the Mayan Calendar does not actually mean the end of the world in the sense that the planet ceases to exist, but rather that some large event will happen that "ends" the world as we know it, and that the "next generation" habitants (be it human or something else) will continue on earth as a "new world" of sorts. At least that what they think the Mayans believed.

If you are interested there is something on the History channel about it tomorrow evening. Oops sorry just realized that you are in the UK, not sure if it will be on there. But for those in the US history channel tomorrow at 9pm EST I believe is when it comes on.

:eek: i remember this!

It was on southpark

apparntly the world will suffer hea vy losses those who remain will be some sort of gods?

sounds like a load of jibberish.

Also Keep me updated on this history thing?

i have freeview in my room so hopefully i can watch some history stuff ( i love history. I Find it fasinating! )

I don't know about the south park view of it. I heard it on the Discovery channel, it was a special about the Mayans, and I remember they said something to the effect that they believed when the calendar ended that the previous generation would cease to rule and the next generation would take over. I can't remember exactly, but it was something to the effect of handing over the reigns of the society to the younger generation. But that some large event would precipitate this "changing of the guards" so to speak. Some people believe that the events have already started, i.e. larger hurricanes, the tsunami that occurred, more world fighting etc. Again I don't necessarily believe it my self, but it is interesting to learn about it.

I Heard they had a speaker who could talk to some sort of prophet? and they used to sarcafice virgin females. :crazy:

soemthing mad like that.

I Still find the old world fasinating.

Some things humans used to do :good:

They were a tribe out of Mexico, I believe, and they could be compared (customs wise) to some of the African tribes of today, the ones with little modern influence ... not many left though. If you go to historychannel.com and do a search for Mayans, you can find some interesting articles, maybe even a clip or two of the specials they did on them. They were an interesting people, culture wise, they were actually fairly advanced for the time in which they lived, and many give them credit for inventing hot chocolate :drool:

credit given.

And Nope... They all died out during a drought. and a Revoultion happioned and they all killed each other... the remaining Suvivers died in a drought

I knew they had a couple of things happen to them that caused them to die out, but couldn't remember exactly what they were. Maybe that was the big event that caused the end of thier world, and thier calander was just off by a few thousand years :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back