200L Mbuna Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

loving the tank mate. where did ya get the background from?

Thanks, I got it from here: http://www.magic-aquarium.com/

i LOVE this tank. striving for perfection i see :good:

Thank mate, This is my first cichlid tank and has been a learning curve but I'm very pleased with how it's turned out and I just love the saulosi. Getting a new tank next week so I will be setup up another just planning how I will design that one.

I think your background is great and the saulosi`s as well.
rolleyes.gif

I'm considering setting up a P. saulosi colony in my 300 litre tank. I'm having a real job deciding between them, Demasoni, or just a mixed Mbuna community. What are the colours of your males like now?

I'm considering setting up a P. saulosi colony in my 300 litre tank. I'm having a real job deciding between them, Demasoni, or just a mixed Mbuna community. What are the colours of your males like now?

The males in my tank are still colouring up but are showing good baring, the females look stunning. I am getting some F1s in a few weeks, saulosi are a pleasure to watch and are very active fish. If I was you I would go for saulosi cus the males look very similar to demasoni and you have the bonus of yellow females.

Here's a more recent photo of the tank:
55GMbunaBiotope-PSaulosi-nologo.jpg

looks v nice mate! how does the background fit? can you just slide it in or do you have to use silicone?

looks v nice mate! how does the background fit? can you just slide it in or do you have to use silicone?

It was a pain to fit ! I had to cut it in half and literally force it in to the tank as its a tight fit. Than I had to silicone it to the back, bottom and sides of the tank to stop it floating.

thx! not for me then as i wouldn't want all that hassle :)

Update: New additions
Today I took a trip up to liverpool to meet up with Vinboy who was sooo kindly gave me 6 more saulosi (3 F1s - 1 male, 2 Female TB Females) Thanks Vinboy ! The male is an absolute stunner! and looks awesome in the tank with all the others, Hopefully because he is fully coloured it will trigger the other males to also.

Here's some pictures: (sorry about the poor quality I will get some better ones once he is settled in)

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

That is a verry nice looking male. I have`nt been doing much lately hobbywise,
Maybe i should get back into it with P. saulosi.

Gr. John.

Most reactions

trending

Back