2006 Ada Rankings

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zig

z is z
Reaction score
The 2006 ADA rankings have been released in the last couple of days, i dont think there were any entries from this forum but hey maybe next year.

The highst ranked UK entrant was Chris Jackson at No. 299 (anybody know him?)

The highest ranked USA entrant was Luis Navarro at No. 36

Justin Law comes in at No. 26

Interestingly there are only 3 entries from the UK out of 954 entries (none from Ireland needless to say) only one UK entrant came in the top 500, the other 2 UK entrants are Andrew Ward and Phil West, if anybody knows these guys ask them to post there tanks on this forum.

There are many other names on the list that people will recognoise if they have been around planted tanks for a while, the competition is ranked , the winner is from Taiwan, i have no idea who the person is as my Japanease is not very good :D

ADA Japan

This is the link above to ADA Japan, click on TOP 1~480, this is a PDf file and unless you have a Japanease language pack installed in your acrobat reader the file will cause you problems.

Go HERE and install the latest language pack for your particular version of acrobat reader (try and download the ADA file first of all to find out what version you have, although be warned it may crash your browser, but its easy to correct, just ctrl Alt Del)

Go down to the part where it says "Which font pack do you need" and fill in the three boxes, install the download and you are ready to read the results, bare in mind these are only the results, there are no pictures yet, these will leak out over the next few weeks, ADA forbid the top 500 places to reveal the photos before September, but they will be revealed before then i have no doubt.

Anyway hope thats clear as mud, im sure some of you may be interested.

I guess that there are only a few UK entrants is because the lack of ADA knowledge we have over here. I know about the ADA aquascaping contest, but I'm not a the level to enter "YET" :p but hay 12 months and who knows.

The thing with the ADA contest is finding out the info and like you say zig you will need to download language files and allot of people can't be bothered.

It all stems down to the fact that the nature aquarium/planted tank / dutch planted tanks call it what you want aren't that popular so its going to take us UK planted tank pioneers to slowly bring the art forward.

Graeme.

Well, Aquaessentials just started supplying the ADA line to the UK recently, so folks will play around and give things a try.

Main thing that helps: the ADA aquasoil.
This is a great product and works very well with a number of routines, EI and the AS works the best from what I've seen in the last year.

I am surprised that Luis beat out Oliver.
Luis is obsessed.
I expected CAU to place higher, I think they deserve it.

I've actually never once entered a competition.
I do not like judging either.

regards,
Tom Barr

Tom, why have you never entered one?

I am sure they are good enough to place very highly!

---------------------

On different note, what scrutiny do the entries go under to check they have not been airbrushed to extremes!

Chris

I'm hopeful they'll be some more UK entrants next year. I'm confident the aquascaping and high-tech side to the hobby will grow, especially with the likes of Aqua Essentials now catering for the "high-end".

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back