20 Going On 90

Oh, I know fully well what I went into, I know tangs are ich magnets, and that for the most part the majority of them require 6 ft tanks (save the mimic and mole tangs for example) yes it is not ideal, it is minimum requirements, but if you don't own the tank and someone else makes the final call and if they want a tang, best to pick one that can actually fit.

I also chose a mimic tang because they are a little hardier than others, same with the powder brown.

I also aggree with you that the powder brown shouldn't be there, but then again, all I can do is make suggestions and take care of whatever is in the tank, sure I get fish and corals but the way my dad wants to stock its like he wants to but everything.

Hopefully the powder brown doesn't grow as much anymore, its already a decent size and they tend to stay smaller in home aquaria.

I have yet to check on the tank and tang but last since around one am yellow was doing a lot better, less lethargic, moving around more, he was still sticking close to the sand bed. I left him some algae incase he got hungry so he has food, and I'm feeding him garlic brineshrimp as well as treating him for ich and some fin tears /slim coat.
Hopefully he is still alive so I can keep treating him.

Alright so yellow is doing a lot better now!
He hasn't taken much interest in the algae sheet I gave him but he's loving the garlic brineshrimp and the ich is gone (i think it only showed up because of the stress of catching and handling him) but I'm still going to treat for another day or two, then start doing 20% water changes till its all gone, then re introduce him to the 90 (at night, after a heavy feeding)

So I'm hopeful he will make a good recovery and afterwards I'm probably going to be feeding the tank a lot more often just to be safe, maybe two or three times a day like the discus.

And the powder browns clownfish made hole in the side is barely noticable now, but the cardinal has a bit to go haha

Now where to rehome psychotic clownfish... I probably won't out right get rid of them, ill move them back to the 20 maybe the 10?) So I can put back yellow and get what other fish ill get and them put them back in the 90 last, since they are the most aggresive fish on the list, right behind them being a longnose hawkfish, which ill get the one at the store once yellow is back to normal.

Hey guys its been a while, I'm happy to say that yellow is gaining back weight, ever so slowly. I'll have to make it a point that he gets everyday with brine and algae.

Everything else is doing great, I'm pretty sire though I will lose the bubble coral, really bummed because it was doing so good until that conch knocked it over, since then its been slowly dying, not kuch I could do since the clowns or the shrimp would steal any food I tried.

Another blip is the spaghetti leather looks like crap, clowns have been loving it to death and now its all droopy with minor holes in it, hopefully it won't need to be isolated.

hey guys im in college now, been away from the tank for three weeks and a weekend

all the tanks are fine, the fish are doing amazing

coral wise the only one with an issue is my candy cane coral, its receded for some reason and has refused to open back up since ive left.

oh and the bubble coral died, nothing unexpected, will definitely try again, this time with no conch snail ha.

ill get pictures when i get back, which is i dont know when.

but in the meantime ill update this with any news i get

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back