20 Gallon Tips And Stocking

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Valiant

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I made another forum like this but with a 30 gallon but now i'm kinda thinking about a 20 gallon tank, so any ideas about what fish to put in it and I want it to be a community tank, also do you guys have any tips on maintaining your fish tank and do you know what are the recommended filters, heaters, ect.

Is this a 20 Gallon long or a 20 Gallon tall?  Big difference in the stocking, if you ask me.

^What are the different dimensions? I forget.  I'm thinking about getting a 20 sometime.

20 tall is 24"x12"x16".  A 20 tall is essentially a 15 gallon, but taller - so it should be stocked accordingly.

20 long is 30"x12"x12".

Right, because surface area at the top matters.  Thanks, I think I'd rather get a 20 g long.

eaglesaquarium said:
Is this a 20 Gallon long or a 20 Gallon tall?  Big difference in the stocking, if you ask me.
20 gallon long

Stocking a community tank will also depend on pH and hardness... what's your tap water like?

eaglesaquarium said:
Stocking a community tank will also depend on pH and hardness... what's your tap water like?
The pH is 7.3 and the water hardness is 96  - 124 ppm

I'd suggest a shoal of mid-water swimmers like: rasboras - lambchops are my favorite.

And a shoal of bottom dwellers: corydoras - sterbai.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back