20 Gallon Rescape

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Definitely not a Bolivian. Could possibly be a GBR with genetic mutation? Where'd you get him from??
I'd also love a tank that looks like that! It reminds me of the shallow part of a river with the rocks and jungle like planting! Very nice I live it!

Jbram said:
Looks like a Gold ram to me but not positive.

Huh, I've not heard of those!

Man of fish said:
Definitely not a Bolivian. Could possibly be a GBR with genetic mutation? Where'd you get him from??
I'd also love a tank that looks like that! It reminds me of the shallow part of a river with the rocks and jungle like planting! Very nice I live it!

I got him at Petsmart in Montgomery! Who would've thought he would end up so peculiar. Thanks for the tank compliments! I think it's really turning out nicely!

TallTree01 said:
It gets greener day by day! o_O
good.gif

It better! I am overstocked on this tank but everything will stay fairly small and I will be keeping up water changes. Plants will definitely help though!

Huh, I've not heard of those!

There are your German Blue Rams, Bolivian Rams and there is a Gold Ram. I am not sure if this is a hybrid or not but a girl at the tropical fish store near me has a breeding pair and they look like yours.

I've been away for a week, things are settling in and growing out (a pleasant surprise!). Here's a few plant centered pics of the tank.

20130728_210154.jpg

20130728_210202.jpg

20130728_210228.jpg

20130728_210233.jpg

Looking good! 
Yes-thumbsup.gif

A nice little video too, it really hasn't helped how I'm feeling about having to cope without a tank while I'm at university though!

The harlequins look great :)

I'm a university student too! :D

That makes it even worse! :lol:

I'm REALLY tempted to get something set up but I'm in halls so I have to move out come June time for the summer. Home is a 2 hour drive away too and getting all my stuff here in the first place was a struggle! 

Don't worry about it Josh... I gave up fishkeeping when I went to school.  I got into it again, but not for many years.  But, in the meantime, I got a job, got married and had a kid.  You'll find things to occupy you. 
wink.png

Coming back is so much fun... you can't believe how much the hobby changed since I was in it, until I started again... It was nearly 20 years and the hobby is MUCH different than it was 20 years ago - in a good way.

Sad to say this tank has been taken down, I came home to it  leaking out the bottom last night. I am looking for a replacement and have temporarily rehomed the fish, plants, and rocks, to a friend's empty 29 gallon aquarium. That was a midnight adventure I never want to repeat!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back