20 Gallon Long Stocking Plan

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

maxh8293

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback on a potential 20 gal. long project. Here's what I'm thinking:

panda cory x6
cardinal tetra x6
dwarf gourami x2

other specs: live plants, sand substrate, driftwood, tetra whisper EX20 filter.

Open to subtractions, additions, or alternatives.

Thanks!

I think this would work really well. I would, of course, add the gourami last and definitely be sure to either get a pair or two females. Actually, if you wanted to have males at all, I would either get a trio (1m/2f) or a single male.

You could up the cardinals to 8 without any harm, other then that sounds fine.

Thanks for the replies. If I were to combine both of your suggestions, upping the cardinals to 8 and the gouramis to 3 (1 m 2 f), do you think I'd be overstocked then?

Sounds like a great project! I would be careful with the gourami though, as if you keep them in good condition and very happy/healthy, they made begin to breed, at which point the male will become somewhat aggressive towards the other females and possibly the tetra. I could easily be wrong here, so other members please correct me if I am. Sounds exciting though keep us updated! :)

Robbo, I've heard that too about male gouramis getting aggressive when spawning. Maybe I'll just go with one male; I think the females are pretty hard to find anyway. Although if I can find females, I think 1m2f might be the way to go, cause that way he can spread out his aggression amongst the two females. Plus there'll be plenty of plant cover and what not.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back