Ellie Potts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just posted about my 55 gallon, so may as well ask about my 20 long. I'm not as concerned about this tank as it's currently being used as a backup/quarantine tank, but it would be nice to have it looking good. Any advice? Preferably beginner friendly advice
Plants: Java moss, java fern, duckweed, rotala rotundifolia, water wisteria, hornwort
Temperature: 78
Light: 8 hours a day
Fertilizer: root tabs
image (1).jpg

Plant the sword plant in a back corner, put the driftwood in front of it

Add some Java moss to the driftwood and the lantern, hornwort framing the lantern at the back of the tank.

Around the front of the lantern plant some hydrocotyle tripartita for a small but easy carpet (no CO2 needed, very low tech easy plant)
IMG_20201123_06093g6e0.jpg

Maybe plant something like jungle valisneria in the back left and put something like dwarf saggitarria in the front. I feel like it could use a few more plants. Maybe even a nice piece of driftwood.

I tend to stick Hygrophila Polysperma in everything :rofl: give that a go. Its nice and bushy!

Aquascaping is part talent and part trial and error.

Maybe plant something like jungle valisneria in the back left and put something like dwarf saggitarria in the front. I feel like it could use a few more plants. Maybe even a nice piece of driftwood.
I ordered some carpeting plants and will move some stuff from my bigger tank, thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back