20 gal - more fish? and plants but what kind?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Laek

Reaction score
Right now I have 5 longfinned zebra danio and an albino bristlenose pleco in there. I would like to add more fish in there, but just wanted to know if it's overstocked before I get too excited. If I can add more, what kind would you recommend?

As for the plants, right now I have 2 plants I got from petco. One is an unidentified, tall, potted monstrocity that I am planning to remove, and the other is an amazon sword. Again, I would like to know what you would recommend.
20170117_172404.jpg
This is the tank.

The potted plant actually looks like an Echinodorus sp. AKA an Amazon sword. The small one looks like an Anubias sp. Could we get some closer pictures of them please? From your substrate, it would appear that it isn't a plant substrate, the plants require a lot of nutrients that is usually contained in the substrate.

With regards to other plants, could you please tell us how powerful your light is? In watts preferably.

As far as stocking goes, I would not say you are overstocked. Although Plecos can be very messy, Danios usually aren't, you would however have to get fish that could deal with the Danios activity and their appetite.

Could you also provide your water parameters, pH, water hardness, temperature, then we will be better able to help you.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

The plants are both nice. The large one only looks odd because it is by itself. Once you put more plants in, it will look good.

that potted plant is really nice looking. I'd keep it a little longer and see how you like it in a busier tank!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back