2 of my 3 albino Cory's lost fins.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ammonia .25 ppm
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Ph 6.6 ordered up melafix will be here in the am. Now should I set up a hospital tank?
A hospital tank is always a good idea in my opinion. It may be beneficial to move the other cories in with him because 1( Cories are social and it may reduce stress if he has pals in the hospital tank with him and 2( treating the other cories could be a preventative in case they are eventually infected with what he has.

A hospital tank is always a good idea in my opinion. It may be beneficial to move the other cories in with him because 1( Cories are social and it may reduce stress if he has pals in the hospital tank with him and 2( treating the other cories could be a preventative in case they are eventually infected with what he has.
Agree set up hospital today will be moving them in tomorrow after temp stabilizes and chemicals get delivered.

Update: Moved my 2 guys into a 1.5gal tank with a heater and small filter. 25% water change and 1ml of API PIMAFIX every day + aquarium salt on setup. Water temp is 74deg F and holding. That was 2 days ago.... they are eating and it looks like the fins are starting to repair. My guess is if they are healing up it will be prob 3-4 weeks in the hospital.

Update: Moved my 2 guys into a 1.5gal tank with a heater and small filter. 25% water change and 1ml of API PIMAFIX every day + aquarium salt on setup. Water temp is 74deg F and holding. That was 2 days ago.... they are eating and it looks like the fins are starting to repair. My guess is if they are healing up it will be prob 3-4 weeks in the hospital.
Remember to retain the salt level for a couple of weeks by replacing a proportionate amount at each water change,

Great to hear!

Update: We are a little over 3 weeks in the Hospital tank and these guys are looking great! Fins are pretty much healed up and looking happy, fat and 'finny' moving them back to the tank this weekend. Will be adding my PimaFix to the Main tank to help clear out any problems.
PXL_20210218_164146917.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back