2 New Bamboo Shrimps! Coolest Shrimp Ever!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheShrimpGirl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 2 new Bamboo Shrimp for my tank. They are very cool and fun to watch.

They also can get very large. Up to 4 inches in length.

They are pretty cool aren't they?

I've had mine for a few months now, he's about 2 inches. Not sure if he's going to get any bigger or not.

i have 2 too, although from what ive read they dont do too well in captivity, i have to admit though my amano shrimp are far more active than the bamboo shrimp :unsure:

i have Amano shrimp too (2)..they are very cute little critters. i thought i'd lost one the other day but it must have shed! As there is def 2 in there still.

Sadly all my tanks have something that would eat them so I cannot have any yet but I love the look of them.

What have you got in your tanks? Bamboo shrimp are much bigger than most other shrimp. You'd need a pretty big fish to be willing to take on one of these.

Sadly all my tanks have something that would eat them so I cannot have any yet but I love the look of them.

What have you got in your tanks? Bamboo shrimp are much bigger than most other shrimp. You'd need a pretty big fish to be willing to take on one of these.
They average 3inches or so.As apposed to dwarf shrimp.

I have 2 new Bamboo Shrimp for my tank. They are very cool and fun to watch.

They also can get very large. Up to 4 inches in length.

yeah, cool critter. they tend to do well in a community. (stocking dependent).

one trick i found was to place some kind of wall or decoration, against and above an air stone. the shrimp then hang from it face down, and sift the water through their fans. I'm sure there is a picture here (from me) showing that. all you see is a wall, and several shrimp tails sticking up over it.

found it! :hyper:
bottoms-up.jpg

perhaps because of this, i found my shrimp were often to be seen wandering around the tank floor. so i got to see them quite a lot.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back