2 Batches Of Fry Together

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zuulan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My Swordtail is due to drop another lot of fry in about a week. I was wondering if it's ok to raise them in the same tank as the fry that she dropped on the 27th December, whilst they are also still in there?

I don't think the month old fry could eat the new fry (or could they?) but would they steal most of the food & deprive the new fry of food?

Yeah I think your main problem is feeding if you keep both batches together, perhaps grow the new batch on for a couple of weeks till they're a similar size to the first and add them then.

I keep all of my fry together with no bother. I dont know if its the same for you but my swordtail fry that were dropped 8 weeks ago and 4 weeks ago are all about the same size. Tiny. Much smaller than my other fry and taking longer to grow to a decent size. But I put my bigger molly and guppy fry in with them they are all fine. They all get plenty of food too. I let me fry go into the big tank when they are the size of my cardinal tetras. x

I keep all of my fry together with no bother. I dont know if its the same for you but my swordtail fry that were dropped 8 weeks ago and 4 weeks ago are all about the same size. Tiny. Much smaller than my other fry and taking longer to grow to a decent size. But I put my bigger molly and guppy fry in with them they are all fine. They all get plenty of food too. I let me fry go into the big tank when they are the size of my cardinal tetras. x

Thanks for the replies. I've set up my 4th tank & will put the mum to be in there next week.

Thing is when I got back into fishkeeping a couple of years ago, I swore I'd just have the ONE small 60 ltr tank and leave it at that. How quickly things change and expand. lol :)

Thanks for the replies. I've set up my 4th tank & will put the mum to be in there next week.

Thing is when I got back into fishkeeping a couple of years ago, I swore I'd just have the ONE small 60 ltr tank and leave it at that. How quickly things change and expand. lol :)

MTS... it gets us all!!! I'm down to two tanks at the moment, but I'm itching to set up another, probably for breeding another batch of Celestial Pearl Danios.

MTS is not Zuulan's problem yet. I am at 26 tanks running and keep seeing fish that I want that should not be mixed with what I already have. I am afraid that I am a long term sufferer of MTS. Even a 62 litre tank looks good to me next to most of mine at over 80 litres. My wife's concern is not the 26 tanks that are running but the additional 3 that presently have no water in them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back