2,000 Liter Discus Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

And there's me thinking my new 450l tank is big. Mate ur tank is simply stunning. im jealous.

Axyadbad said:
This tank is distinctly average.

;)
Set myself low standards, and often fail to achieve them :D
pauloblade said:
And there's me thinking my new 450l tank is big. Mate ur tank is simply stunning. im jealous.
Thanks dude! My old tank was 450l and I thought it was big until it was beside this one, and it suddenly looked tiny!

WOW just WOW! Im speechless you have a beautiful tank. My 330 litre seems tiny now ;)

I was only kidding, I thought the wink would have made that clear :( .. I've already said to him how epic this tank is and I think he knows how much I envy him and his tank!

How is the growth coming along? I've got all my Co2 and stuff now, your growth convinced me to take the plunge!

Axy!

Axyadbad said:
I was only kidding, I thought the wink would have made that clear
sad.png
.. I've already said to him how epic this tank is and I think he knows how much I envy him and his tank!

How is the growth coming along? I've got all my Co2 and stuff now, your growth convinced me to take the plunge!

Axy!
I knew you were! Is why I made the silly comment also 
rofl.gif

I am away working this week, so will see how it looks at the weekend. Hopefully the stems are nearing the surface by then......fingers crossed. I had been expecting to go through the new bottle of gas quite quickly, given the water volume, but the storage pressure in the bottle has hardly dropped! So I hope it will last a while before I need to get a refill. 

Good luck with the Co2 install 
good.gif

Wow what an amazing thing you have done. This tank is an inspiration - your fish look very happy.

Xraymark said:
Great tank and journal. Keep it coming.
Thanks 
smile.png

cameronpalte said:
Wow what an amazing thing you have done. This tank is an inspiration - your fish look very happy.
Thank you.

Stems have grown a heap this week, and are now over 2 feet high!!

IMG_1790_zps042380f2.jpg
[/URL]

Wowzers DtD! I haven't been around for a while and come back to THIS! You've somehow managed to top yourself again :D

Looking forward to seeing your progress. I do have a touch of bitterness as I'm having bother with my plants at the moment - ugh been avoiding pressurized co2 for a long time but might have to take the plunge...

Alm0stAwesome said:
Wowzers DtD! I haven't been around for a while and come back to THIS! You've somehow managed to top yourself again
biggrin.png

Looking forward to seeing your progress. I do have a touch of bitterness as I'm having bother with my plants at the moment - ugh been avoiding pressurized co2 for a long time but might have to take the plunge...
Hi again, 
welcomeani.gif
Not chatted in a while. 
It's a little odd, with regard to my Co2 setup, as on my old tank I was running a normal ceramic diffuser, and it use to burn through so much gas. Yet this much larger tank, seems to be using hardly any. I can only put it down to the fact that I made that little reactor thing, and it is dissolving the gas so well that hardly a bubble is wasted. The volume pressure on the bottle has hardly dropped over the past month! 

I've just read your journal from start to finish. Absolutely stunning tank set up and fish. Truely incredible skill, especially to be able to add discus to a tank that was only properly running for a day <scoops jaw up from the floor>.... I'm a complete beginner, but something I am aiming for is a discus tank, but not for some time mind. For now I'm quite content with what I have and waiting until I know what I'm doing. Could be some time...!!

I have a couple of questions about your CO2 set up. Sorry, my brain is a sponge.... From what I gather you're stabalising your ph level with CO2 so do you keep this system running over night instead of turning off the CO2 like lots of people? Do you use an air pump over night when the lights are out, or does your refugium provide enough for the tank seeing as the plants there are photosynthesizing 24/7? Lastly, how did you reduce your natural ph level to 5.9? I got the peat filtration part, but is there anything else you're using?

Not sure if journal threads are meant to be bombarded with questions so apologies if they're not and I'll just pipe down. Your journal is incredibly inspiring, informative and a joy to read. Thank you for keeping it going and I can see I'm not alone in hoping it continues.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back