1St Time Betta Keeper

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kirsty5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys,

been lurking for a while with questions elsewhere on the forum and now introducing "Fingers" my new friend :wub:

Was going to hold out and pay top money for a "special" fish but saw him in my local pet shop, (they are actually very kind people and care about their small stock of fish), but I normally only buy dog food and toys from them!

So, home Fingers came.

Can anyone tell me how to take decent photos? Or at least give me a recommendation of a decent small, point and shoot digi camera that may be appropriate? :lol:

One of the pics were when I was acclimatising him, two are blurred but I love the movement, the last being him chilled out in his new home surveying his Kingdom :D

Attachments

• PB270022.JPG
    PB270022.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 88
  • PB270063_2.JPG
    PB270063_2.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 83
  • PB270074.JPG
    PB270074.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 82
  • PB270077.JPG
    PB270077.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 113
Hi very nice looking betta and tank you have there! How is he settling in!? Photography wise you may want to try macro setting and or a fast shutterspeed aslong as you have lots of light but I dont know very much more about photography!

Thanks so much for your reply.

I am such a technophobe when it comes to cameras but would love a good one to take pics close up, with movement etc. I've tried macro, extra macro etc bit don't think my camera is good enough to tell the truth!

And Fingers, well, he's a tease - comes up, shows off, and as soon as he knows I'm going to take a pic he moves :lol: The little so and so.....

He loves his new home and is very laid back, quite surprisingly so, its just a shame he ate all the pods I used to have swimming around :lol: On the good side, he loves to eat snail eggs and as I can't bring myself to kill them, at least he's starting at the beginning of the life cycle and doing it naturally!

Gorgeous looking tank, and a very handsome boy too! :D How about a full tank shot?

Hi, and another thank you for your reply.

I cannot, for the life of me, get a decent full tank shot! I try so hard, move around, pull the blinds, have flash on, flash off etc etc, and all I tend to get is a little black box or a full reflection of me plus camera :rolleyes:

I'll keep trying as its doing my head in :crazy:

What camera are you using??

I usually have problems, I found I got my best results by turning the house light off, closing the curtains/blinds, turning off my tank light and squint through the darkness to take a shot with flash and macro on.

Its a real pain.

Lovely Betta and gorgeous tank!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back