240ltr and 150ltr builds

brendonjw

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just purchased a 2nd hand 150ltr build which im going to try my hand at aqua scaping with (low tech.)

It came with a heap of Anubis which will be good (have currently move it to my main tank which is a 190ltr)

Its got a Ehiem filter which is a bit small for it so i have ordered a Aquis 1000 for it.

The phone is of my main tank with all the Anubis from the new tank currently in it. I'm going to split it up and keep some of it in here as i like the way it looks. (which needs some work but im going to practice on the smaller one first.)

Attachments

• 20211225_131209.jpg
    20211225_131209.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 155
PS Note to self - Since adding the Ramshorn snails they have taken care of the little bit of algae i had. Lights are currently on low for 11 hours and not getting any green algae on the glass.

Looks good, your Limnophilla is doing well :)

Wills

Found a old picture of the original tank, the wife thought it would be nice to do with our daughter hence the fake plants and jelly fish that she chose from the shop. I was still trying to weigh down the driftwood i had bought.
Daughters interest faded (she is only 2.5yrs old) so i took over and am slowly turning it into a more natural look like in the first post.

The other photo is of the new tank. The peice of driftwood at the front is still being weighed down as it decided to start floating on me. I'll finish putting the plants in after it has become waterlogged and put back into the correct location. The Fake stones came with the tank and i kinda like the look of them so will keep them for now. The front peice of driftwood will arch over and touch the stones to create an arch once it has become waterlogged.

I've never tried a sand bottom before so am curious to see how it goes. Once i've finished the scaping i'll transfer over some of the bio noodles from the established tank into the new one so i can do instant fish. Looking at some form of cory, bronze or pygmie maybe, a school of 6-8 and a school of Lambchop or chilli rasboras (15 since the local shop sells them in lots of 5.)
Possible a mated pair of honey gouramis to top it off.

Attachments

• 20210214_190810.jpg
    20210214_190810.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 20220110_164534575.jpg
    20220110_164534575.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 123
Almost ready to put some fish in it.

Attachments

• 20220224_105232.jpg
    20220224_105232.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 103
Moving some stuff around in the bigger one, thought i'd try my hand at some crypts and a sword plant. Have moved the stones forward a bit and the wood to the right to put a sword in the back right and crypt at the left . Sword is still on its way.

At the same time i saw a 2nd hand Juwel 240ltr tank thats alot wider so am thinking about upgrading.

20220823_182707.jpg

So i got a Juwel 240 and pulled down the 180ltr, have been transferring alot of the plants across.

I want to get a bigger Sword plant for the back right as the one i got hasn't done much in the 3 months i had it in the old tank.

I got some Aponogeton undulatus for the back left but the courier took so long its 3/4 dead, the guy did throw in some red stem plants though so will see how they go.

I want 3-4 more crypts to spread out but will wait until after xmas so i dont have the same slow delivery issues with the courier.

Currently have stocked it with some of the male guppies from the old tank, took a while to separate them out from the females.

For new stocking i have 10 baby (1-2cm) Venuzalian corys that i got cheap that im picking up on Thursday.

I'm thinking maybe a school of 20 lemon tetras as they are pretty cheap at the local pet shop and maybe some rasporas.

Will need to keep a eye on the lighting as its pretty bright, may need to do a few stips of electrical tap on the LED strips to lower it a little.

Oh and the stones are just because i don't trust the wood not floating yet. It was boiled then out of water for 3 weeks (had been sinking previously.) It also provides some shade while some of the plants grow out.

Attachments

• 20221205_192511.jpg
    20221205_192511.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 59
Is there any way to edit the title so it now says 240ltr and 150ltr builds?

Any maybe move it to the planted journals area now :)

Title changed and thread moved to Planted Aquarium Journals :)

Got a Amazon sword for a great price and the guy threw in some more red stems so hopefully they take. The Queen of the tank Gourami has been coming out more and the 11 Venuzalian Corys are full of energy and a great addition. The top of some ambulia is starting to go orange which is a good sign for the red stems.

20221211_084213.jpg
20221211_184259.jpg

The Aponogeton undulatus looks to be recoving fine and overall growth is looking good. I got some water sprite the other day to try and give some more floating coverage.

20221214_190053.jpg
20221214_190222.jpg

That looks really good!!

Stones have been removed, Got a great deal on a heap of crypts which will be arriving next year which will cover some of that open sand. Plant growth is still great. Thinking of taking some of the amubila out of the left corner to give the Aponogeton undulatus some more space
20221217_103956.jpg

Stones have been removed, Got a great deal on a heap of crypts which will be arriving next year which will cover some of that open sand. Plant growth is still great. Thinking of taking some of the amubila out of the left corner to give the Aponogeton undulatus some more space
View attachment 307598
It looks amazing!! Really like it! I know you are nit completely done with it but it still looks really nice

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back