190G South America 6,5 Feet Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SvenAqautics

Reaction score
Hi!

This is my 190 gallon South American tank.

It has a length of 6.5 feet.

My fish currently:

20 x lemon tetra
15 x Bleeding hearts
15 x Rummy noses
7 x Angelfish
1 pair with Apistos Cacutiodes

What would you add to this one? I'm having a hard time deciding. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• PXL_20230525_192705692_exported_0.jpg
    PXL_20230525_192705692_exported_0.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 1,552
Haha! I had some monster fish back in the day.

But I was so tempted to start a larger community tank with fish from South America and a lot of plants 😁

Super nice aquascaped huge tank. Hope to see you enter it in our August Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger.

hat would you add to this one? I'm having a hard time deciding.
20 more lemons and 35 more rummies! Two of my favourites there. Twenty is great but 40 or 60 is amazing.
I think the tank doesn't have a full lid plus you have the angels so best not to add top dwellers.
But bottom dwellers will add a new dimension. Cories, loaches, garra, catfish (with small mouths!)...what piques your interest?

Edit for South American.

Last edited:
20 more lemons and 35 more rummies! Two of my favourites there. Twenty is great but 40 or 60 is amazing.
I think the tank doesn't have a full lid plus you have the angels so best not to add top dwellers.
But bottom dwellers will add a new dimension. Cories, loaches, garra, catfish (with small mouths!)...what piques your interest?

Edit for South American.
The tank have 2 of 3 lid... One got shattered 😅

Yeah, next step will be some type of bottom dwellers. More likely some sort of cories.

I was also thinking to add some festivums 😁

It's absolutely gorgeous!

Beautiful tank!
I would consider a small school (10-15?) of Colombian tetras. They are active, very colorful, boisterous but actually gentle, and will not bother any of the existing fish, nor your plants. Also they are easy to find and inexpensive. Being a bit larger, a group of them is quite inposing. They school mainly mid-water. I currently have a group in a 75g, with neons and (until recently) tiger silver dollars.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back