19 Litre invertebrate tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fledling_Fry

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 19 litre tank (which I incorrectly labelled as 18 litres in a previous post), and was wanting to turn it into an invertebrate tank. Would it be large enough for one or two dwarf crayfish and some shrimp? or should I just stick with one or two dwarf crayfish? I've never kept crayfish before, and would appreciate any advice.

Hey :)
Cambarellus "dawrf crayfish" patzcuarensis is so pretty coloured !
As it is territorial it is better to keep them in species dedicated tank.

Hey :)
Cambarellus "dawrf crayfish" patzcuarensis is so pretty coloured !
As it is territorial it is better to keep them in species dedicated tank.
Apologies for the late response, but I've only seen this now. Thank you for the advice, but I've just been informed that the keeping of crayfish is illegal in the UK (thank god I looked into that). Thanks for the information though!

There is only one crayfish which is legal in England & Wales, but it's illegal in Scotland - Cherax quadricarinatus. All other crayfish are illegal. But that doesn't stop them being traded :confused:

Yes, there's only one crayfish which we can keep, which as Avel mentioned is too big for my tank. We have one crayfish native to the UK which is illegal to own (the white-clawed crayfish), and I'm not too fond of trying to search for a Mexican crayfish which carries a fine I believe if I'm found to be owning one.

Just made a new thread to figure out what shrimp would look best. Thank you both for your help ^_^

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back