18-gallon stocking ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mblit1

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone would have any ideas on stocking an 18-gallon tank I haven't set it up yet I just wanted to get some ideas so I can build the tank around their requirements, but I would definitely want to keep kuhli loaches as the bottom dweller so I still need help to figure out the schooling fish and feature fish.

the tank dimensions
length- 2ft
width- 12 inches
height- 15 inches

thanks.

Neon tetras would be a good schooling fish and dwarf Cory catfish look good and could fit you tank size.

Neon tetras would be a good schooling fish and dwarf Cory catfish look good and could fit you tank size.
thanks, I do really like black neon tetras, would you have any suggestions for the feature fish?
thanks.

Honey gourami's are quite easy and can live in small tanks (around 10 gallons minimum).

yeah, I love honey gouramis I have a red honey gourami in my other tank he is very cute, though I would like to do something a little different with this tank, thanks anyway.

here are some pictures of him.

Attachments

• RSCN3437.JPG
    RSCN3437.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 19
  • RSCN3438.JPG
    RSCN3438.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 24
Ok, hope you find a good fish to put in your tank. I have a good name either way though: Anne Chovy

ok, thanks so much for the help, and what a great name it is so funny.
thanks.

My dream 18 gallon:

6 neon tetras

5 cory catfish.

1 honey goumari.

Hope my dream 18 gallon helped.
If you want saltwater I would have this:

2 clown fish.

1 clown goby.

1 red blood shrimp/prawn.

1 sea anenomi.

3 or 4 leather corals.

2 zoas.

Live rock.

Mushroom coral.

I know you want freasheater but 8f you ever want to switch.

Do you have hard or soft water? That does make a difference to the fish you can keep.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back