168 Usg 3Ft Cube - 'the Hidden Cove'

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I like the affect Tannins give, especially if you have an SA tank...it brings some authenticity to a tank I think

I have a large piece of bogwood in my main tank (1.5' x 1.5' x 1') and since April it has progressively reduced the staining to the point if I do a 50% change it more or less stays clear until the next change, there is a slight yellow tint to the water at the end of the week which isn't really noticeable to anyone except me :)

More pics from today after a rescape of the wood, mainly to give Bo more swimming room, and the weekly 50% w/c. We also took out the corner bit of wood.

DSCN2312.jpg

DSCN2336.jpg

DSCN2338.jpg

Current stock is:

1 x Red Tiger Oscar (big 'Bo' Boris)
1 x Green Sev
1 x Red Spot Sev
1 x Nicaraguan
1 x P. delhezi

Also have a Geo. Tapajo growing out in my 50g. They will either stay in there, or move into this tank. Though Geos prefer sand (have sand in my 50g) and I have gravel in this tank, so :crazy:
I am under the impression they grow to around 6", usually kept in groups, but there was only one left. Seems very happy, but obviously will keep an eye on them, and add to numbers of needed. If not they may stay in the 50g... Gets 50% w/c weekly because of my Rainbows. TBH I think they think they are a Bolivian Ram :lol:

I don't know if you can mix plecs with birchir, but a big plec in this tank would be ace.

I don't know if you can mix plecs with birchir, but a big plec in this tank would be ace.

Thanks, you can mix them but some types of Plec will suck on the Bichir's slime coat :crazy: I have a L075 which apparently won't, in my 50g. He can always be moved into the larger tank as he gets older. He seems happy with his buddies the Khulis though.

I want to get a couple more Bichirs eventually, once I see some of similar sizes/smaller than my Delhezi. Want to get an Endlicheri and possibly an Ornate :good:

:hyper: That looks amazing. And nice looking nic :good:

Thanks :good: I am very pleased with her so far. She keeps to herself and is constantly going around the bottom picking around. Not like my Convict who you'd only see at feeding time or if he wanted to chase something :crazy:

She's a bit shy at the moment (came from a tank full of other Nics and some were a bit mean), but will work on getting a better photo of her.

Added a second FX5 today :rolleyes: Was a bit of a s%d to fit due to ND Aquatic's wonderful design of the hood, but got there in the end.
LOOOOOADS of flow now.

Basically one FX5 was struggling on its own with Boris's shyte :lol: We're not sure if it's just that and/or the bogwood as well, which still seems to be releasing dirt, but the tank was getting very dirty in between weekly 50% w/c plus gravel vacs, which is just stupid. The 50g never gets so dirty, even though it is well stocked.

So, the tank is nice and clean now. Hopefully got enough filtration now! :lol: The powerhead has been put away for now. May put it back on if needed, or else may put in the 50g.

Update on stock:

1 x Red Tiger Oscar "Boris"
1 x Green Sev "Greenie"
1 x Red Spot Sev "Mister Orange"
1 x Nicaraguan (female) "Nic" :rolleyes:
1 x Polypterus delhezi
1 x Polypterus ornatipinnis

Here's some pics from tonight.

Full tank shots:

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

Mister Orange

DSC_0100-1.jpg

Mister Orange and Ornate Bichir

DSC_0108.jpg

Ornate Bichir

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

Armoured Bichir

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

Nic, in the middle of redigging all the pits she had dug before, which we filled in today :rolleyes:

DSC_0123.jpg

:lol:
How big are they?
I would love to get a Bichir but then my BNs really would disappear.

My Del is about 3.5" I think and the Ornate about 2", but they are near impossible to measure :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Back