160 litre / 42 gallon tank ideas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Topazmonkey4224

Reaction score
Hello I have currently got 3 community tanks running that Iā€™ve had for a frw years looking for some ideas for a 42 gallon/160 litre Aquarium Iā€™m looking for the biggest fish I can happily keep in the tank Or some more aggressive fish that can be kept together as Iā€™m looking for something different any suggestions Will be appreciated thanks

You can keep some african cichlids like Peacocks, Electric yellow or some American cichlids. But, if you get African cichlids, you won't be able to put anything in there BUT african cichlids. I have a male Electric Yellow cichlid in my 90 litre fish tank - fully grown - and it is thriving!

Whats your water hardness? Is it fully cycle?

Tetradon Leiurus could be a good idea. It is a puffer which will grow to 6 inches and can live solo, or in a pair in your tank.

Discus or angelfish will do a job, i love them they are very easy tame them too.

You can keep some african cichlids like Peacocks, Electric yellow or some American cichlids. But, if you get African cichlids, you won't be able to put anything in there BUT african cichlids. I have a male Electric Yellow cichlid in my 90 litre fish tank - fully grown - and it is thriving!
Excellent idea! How manny African chiclids would you recommend for me to get as Iā€™ve been told to over stock to prevent aggression with them thanks

Don't forget you need very hard water for Rift Lake cichlids. If you have soft water you'll need to add Rift Lake salts to keep them.

I would do a trio of pearl gourami, 10 Corys, a school of some tetra.
the gouramis are awesome! They have such different personalities and go crazy when there is food in the tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back