15 gallon tank ideas

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

FishFinn

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Iā€™m relatively new to this forum but some of you may have briefly spoken to me about my nano tank and the possibility of getting shrimp in it.

I keep three tanks - I have a nano tank which currently houses some snails, I have a 15 gallon tank, and I have another tank for my turtles

The photo that you will (providing I work out how to upload one) see here is of my 15 gallon tank. While it doesnā€™t look like the nicest tank, trust me, it is better than it used to be. It used to be disgusting and full of algae, overgrown plants and murky water. A few months ago I took it and completely rejuvenated it, gave it a good clean and it was looking great again. I then added the inhabitants - bar my golden barb. My golden barb had lived in a group but the others died over a year ago, and he was the only fish that lived in the tank when conditions deteriorated, so I kept him when I cleaned out the 15 gal. I then got my other little guys - two Male platies and a blue lobster/crayfish (although he isnā€™t very blue at this point haha). I wanted to decorate the tank so I cleaned the old gravel and added some drift wood and some plants. A few months down the line, im happy with the results, but I think it could be better.

I do get algae quite regularly but I try and keep on top of it will weekly algae cleanings alongside water changes and gravel vacuuming. The main problem is with my plants - one of them has completely seemed to die off, and the other never seems to root in the gravel. I think it keeps getting uprooted by my crayfish haha. But basically I want this tank looking a little better.

I donā€™t usually go for the ā€˜fakeā€™ kind of looks with fake plants and decor, although I donā€™t criticise those who do I just donā€™t find it to be aesthetically very pleasing to me (Although I do have a bubble river thing). So I want a natural look to my tank. I want it to look good while meeting my animals needs - I know my crayfish needs a hiding spot and he loves to hide under the drift wood. So does anyone have any suggestions? How can I make my tank look good AND natural? does anyone recommend any other plants or substrate that could make it look good? You should hopefully also be able to see my nano tank which is planted and has some wood in so I can move stuff from there over providing I moved my snails too. Iā€™m not very experienced in plant keeping so sorry if Iā€™ve done anything wrong

sorry this has been so long and thank you for any suggestions. Thanks a lot and have a good day!

Unfortunately it wonā€™t let me upload photos as the size is too big so Iā€™ll try and find out somewhere on the forum how to do that and get back to you with some images

You can either resize the photo using a photographic program on a computer; there is a way to do it with phone images but I'll have to let someone else tell you how to do that.
Or adjust the resolution on your camera/phone to a low pixel setting and take another photo.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back