15 Gal Low Tech Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dionysus

Reaction score
Haven't been to active on this forum but I got some help here and shared some pics when I set it up so just posting an update.

Tank has been set up for about 10 months, in it live 8 Cardinal Tetras, a colony of poorly graded red cherry shrimp, a good handfull of Malaysian Trumpet Snails and some random snails.

I've finally got the algae more or less under control so the plants are looking quite nice if I do say so myself. The plants are Bolbitus, Vallisnera, Susswassertang, Christmas Moss, Rotala, Dwarf Hair Grass, 2 diferent Crypts and some random moss that came with the Susswassertang.

Sponge filter, lights on 6 hours a day, 200w heater. I'd like the lights on longer but you can only turn a light you built for a reef tank then adapted for freshwater years later down so much.

Attachments

• IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3803.jpg
    IMG_3803.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3805.jpg
    IMG_3805.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 109
Beautiful! How did you get that super small moss on the driftwood? Love how the light hits it and every thing is centered nicely. :wub:

Looks great! Where did you get the dwarf hairgrass from? I can't find it anywhere for a good price.

I have been looking for dwarf hairgrass as well! I think I am going to use this. I just hope it is decent quality and arrives alright!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the love all.

Phoenix, the Christmas Moss I just wedged into bits of the driftwood though that doesn't strike me as super small. The spindly bit in the middle is just covered in a nice looking algae buildup if that's what you're referring too.

Darkomot and Kyle, I live in Australia they have it at almost every fish store. I'm not gonna lie, the hairgrass has been a never ending source of frustration for me and it has only just settled in. I definitely recommend getting the tissue culture, the ones you get in the pots are grown too big for low tech or they are grown in emmersed form I'm not sure, I got it in pots and it all died back to like half it's height and created a massive algae issue. Good luck with it is all I can say.

Things been set up for a while now, water quality parameters have always been on point even if I’ve neglected a water change for a while. Lost a few cardinals along the way but I added some Glowlight tetras a couple months back and they compliment the Cardinals very well. The bolbitus has really grown in and the rotala is getting there.

Attachments

• 15823E4B-C8B1-41C1-A6B4-379FF5C1DA08.jpeg
    15823E4B-C8B1-41C1-A6B4-379FF5C1DA08.jpeg
    642.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 28CFF9B2-98F1-4B62-8587-F5245A7DDE38.jpeg
    28CFF9B2-98F1-4B62-8587-F5245A7DDE38.jpeg
    713.1 KB · Views: 65

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back