14 Gallon tank stocking idea

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Yes of course, so I have:
8x Ember Tetra
10x Kubotai Rasbkra
10x Cherry Red Shrimp

If 3x Kuhli would be too much, I think I will opt to add another 10 shrimp and then maybe leave it as it is for now.
Ok so I recall that everything in the tank doesn't get to 3cm. I think you should have room for 3 khulis but weekly water changes will probably be required.

Yes of course, so I have:
8x Ember Tetra
10x Kubotai Rasbkra
10x Cherry Red Shrimp

If 3x Kuhli would be too much, I think I will opt to add another 10 shrimp and then maybe leave it as it is for now.
No need to add any more shrimp. They will be along all on their own soon enough ;)
Personally I would add another 6 embers and leave it at that.

I do actually love this idea and really want to add some Kuhli loaches. My only concern is I had the 8 ember tetra and 10 cherry shrimp, and I gave today added 10 Kubotai Rasbora, so Iā€™m worried 3 Kuhli Loaches would start to be too much for the tank.
You should be fine, the loaches love to hide and don't take up much space in the tank. The other fish probably won't even notice they are there most of the time! Just change 30-40% of the water once a week and you'll be fine.

I think I have the only kuhli loaches that don't realise they are supposed to hide all day. I have 12 in a 180 litre tank and they are out and about all the time :rolleyes:

I recently set up and cycled a 14 gallon tank, and I have introduced 6 ember Tetras, and the plan was to add a Betta fish. I have decided against this as I donā€™t want to take the risk of this not working out.

I was thinking of maybe adding some Neon Green Rasboraā€™s (6-8) and maybe some cherry shrimp.

Should I get a couple more ember tetras eventually to make it 8, and then 8 of the Rasboras, or would this be too much for the tank? And I also if anyone had any other suggestions for the tank!
Kick em all out and get the neon green rasboras. Sorted.

When Iā€™m in power Iā€™m introducing automatic life imprisonment for anyone with suitable water and a Microdevario Kubotai-less fish tank on their premises whether thereā€™s water in the tank or not.
Youā€™ve all been warned.
MTS increases the number of life sentences.

I think I have the only kuhli loaches that don't realise they are supposed to hide all day. I have 12 in a 180 litre tank and they are out and about all the time :rolleyes:
Yes but there are 12 of them which creates a sense of security. Remove 9 and those that are left will hide.

I have 3 in a 16 gallon and 5 in my 35 and they are usually always out as well lol

Everyone seems to love the Kuhli Loach, and as I have never owned these before I think Iā€™m going to go for 3 of them. I have a 110 litre tank downstairs, and I am looking at a 450 litre tank so these fish may eventually get moved in to the 110 anyway.

Everyone seems to love the Kuhli Loach, and as I have never owned these before I think Iā€™m going to go for 3 of them. I have a 110 litre tank downstairs, and I am looking at a 450 litre tank so these fish may eventually get moved in to the 110 anyway.
Ah but with Covid in the way......

I hate Covid. Just needed to get that out of me.

Iā€™m with you there. And now itā€™s affecting buying fish, itā€™s got personal.
You can still go to fish shops since they are classed as 'essential' but I think it's more PetsatHome that is still open. Btw PetsatHome should be burnt and never return again :)

You can still go to fish shops since they are classed as 'essential' but I think it's more PetsatHome that is still open. Btw PetsatHome should be burnt and never return again :)
Yeah I must say, I personally haven't bought fish from them before, I prefer to support LFS when possible.

I may use the time to order the 450 L new tank and get it cycled.

Yeah I must say, I personally haven't bought fish from them before, I prefer to support LFS when possible.

I may use the time to order the 450 L new tank and get it cycled.
What would you put in the tank? What's your GH again as we can suggest nice ideas for it.

What would you put in the tank? What's your GH again as we can suggest nice ideas for it.
Well I was looking at a discus or an African cichlid tank, I currently am doing water changes atleast twice a week so maintenance would not be an issue. I have soft water and this usually comes out about 5, so I believe this would probably be more suited for Discus.

Another factor, I was planning on keeping this in an outside garden room, this is insulated and has a heater so heating is not a problem (Would also have a tank heater as I believe they need about 28c) My only concern is the room has no windows so I hope it wouldn't get too hot out there in the summer, that being said I cant imagine it would get much above 28c, and I believe I could drop a bag of ice/ put a fan in there in the day to keep it cool if it ever gets to extremes.

Any suggestions are more than welcome though as the decision is giving me a bit of a headache at the moment.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back