You were on chat!
tongue2.gif
I think at least?

Great tank! Im getting that backround as a replacement for that backround
tongue2.gif
mine ripped.

I love it! Time to scape!
Thank you! :lol:
Need to get the PVC pipes covered in sand. And find some manzanita wood I like. And order plants...still so much to do D:

Looks awesome! Do you know what plants your getting? 

Ninjouzata said:
Need to get the PVC pipes covered in sand. And find some manzanita wood I like. And order plants...still so much to do D:

Lovely!

And yes, thats definitely chat screen on the tank in the pic 
laugh.png

As for covering PVC pipe with sand, I'd say might be best to do that with aquarium sealant as the is gives a more even coverage as well as giving you more time to add sand compared to using superglue, and superglue will dry white in water.

I did try this with black sand and superglue on plastic pipe, it looked ok but did not like it enough to put in my tank and white glue does show!

Manzanita wood would be lovely as a feature in that tank, good idea 
smile.png

Malex530 said:
Looks awesome! Do you know what plants your getting? 
Thank you! And yep, the plant list is on the front page. I can copy and paste for you if you want though. :)

Ch4rlie said:

Lovely!

And yes, thats definitely chat screen on the tank in the pic 
laugh.png

As for covering PVC pipe with sand, I'd say might be best to do that with aquarium sealant as the is gives a more even coverage as well as giving you more time to add sand compared to using superglue, and superglue will dry white in water.

I did try this with black sand and superglue on plastic pipe, it looked ok but did not like it enough to put in my tank and white glue does show!

Manzanita wood would be lovely as a feature in that tank, good idea 
smile.png

Thank you! :D
WRONG! It's facebook. :lol:
Yep we're using silicone, that's why I put a pic of silicone..cause..I like pictures. Even if they're sort of nonsense ones like that :p
Found a very lovely piece of manzanita but when I contacted the guy it had already been sold. :c I need to keep my eye out.

Sorry no pics for today! I woke up late so we havn't really done anything.

Awesome. This is coming along great.

You have failed miserably on the tank background though..... so bad.....
sad.png

I expected more of you.......

Why not THIS:
l64.gif

tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif

(IM BACKKKK
laugh.png
)

ninjamodzzzaaattaaaaa does have a better ring to it than boring little tree branches, gotta say....

Oh my gosh ReMz
rofl.gif
Glad you're able to get back on the forums!

FF, How could you?! I love my branches..
tongue2.gif

So we made one of the PVC caves yesterday, it looks good to me, though we need to work on spreading silicone better, missed a few spots.
Hopefully will have some pics of that later today :)

Looking great, nin!  The background is perfect!!! 

looking very cool so far, any ideas as to what your stocking it with?

BigTuna said:
Looking great, nin!  The background is perfect!!! 
Thank you! Glad you think so
biggrin.png

AquaPit said:
Where are the pics!!
tongue2.gif
Somewhere...! We got some of the filter media, some more should arrive on Tuesday. We also ordered another canister filter, same as the one we currently have.
We have the first one installed, I need to get pics of that. Will do tomorrow (or later today since it's 2 AM) as well as some pics of the plant ferts that came in, since I like taking pics.

yoruyongbpei said:
looking very cool so far, any ideas as to what your stocking it with?
Thanks! I have my stocking posted on the 1st page at the top, but I can copy & paste if you want.
biggrin.png

*Edit* I lied again
tongue2.gif
Pics are here now!

Tank hasn't cleared up really, but that's 'cause we havn't had a filter running til today.
confused.gif

SAM_3402_zps69dd12a5.jpg

Spraybar
SAM_3403_zps8514f90a.jpg

Intake (Not sure if we have it on there right or not?
laugh.png
)
SAM_3404_zpse8c0a916.jpg

Digital thermometer, dad wanted it since it's easier for him to read. Easier for me to read too!
biggrin.png

SAM_3405_zpse04c6374.jpg

Lids, we really like that they're see through.
SAM_3407_zps0883a452.jpg

I don't know what this is called but I love it. So much easier to turn things off and on! And keeps all the wires in one area
biggrin.png

SAM_3408_zpsa2b0dde5.jpg

Love the green tubing so much.
SAM_3409_zpsa6b891f3.jpg

PVC cave, unfortunately these were taken out of the water as the second we put it in we realized we hated that the inside was white.
Hopefully we can fix that or we'll be trying to do custom caves the way Alasse has done in her thread HERE (it's on page 3 but the whole thing is worth a read!)
SAM_3410_zps3043664d.jpg

SAM_3411_zpsb7abee89.jpg

SAM_3412_zpsce7c601a.jpg

Plant ferts!
SAM_3415_zpsd13d8d6e.jpg

Everything lookin' good 
cool.png

Liking a lot of this, having a glass top is a great addition.
The power supply control box is a good idea, makes life so much easier just being able to switch things off and on rather than pulling plugs out etc, plus hides the wiring making things look a bit tidier.
Digital thermometer, i have the exact same model, its a decent thermometer and easy to read and fairly accurate, a good tip would be to have a glass thermometer inside the tank opposite sides so you have 2 references for comparison for average temp so a good guide.
The EI ferts will be great for the plants, let us know how you get on with that, mixing & dosages and daily routine etc, i'd really like to know how that works out.

The pipe looks great, just a pity is white inside, maybe you'll get used to it or something can be done, or just do a new one with black pvc pipe perhaps.

This is whats good about this journal, everyone can see and learn good tips what to look out for and how tanks can be improved with subtle ideas.

Excellent work Ninj, keep it up, you're doing good 
wink.png

Looking good Nin!!

What about some black krylon fusion spray paint and do the inside of the tubes?? It is aquarium safe once cured :)

Also with ya canister Nin, ya really should shorten the green tubes, the filter will be working harder having to pump through the twists and turns and un-needed hosing :)

just remembered something that i wanted to say the first time.i saw your background...

it looks like lightning striking the rocks! :p (or have i said it already?? Lol!)

Love the electrical switch box thingy!

Looking good.  Glass lids make a world of difference.  I have been switching all of my tanks to glass. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back