125 Litre Tank Fish Stock Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

charliedrummer7

Reaction score
Hi guys just need some help and advice, I have a juwel 125 and I was going to stock it with the following but I don't know if this is overstocked or if the fish will fight, I have done my research I just want to get peoples opinions first:

1 firemouth cichlid
Appistagramma or ram pair
Angelfish pair
Maybe some barbs or tetras(torpedo barbs preferably)
My two multiplacus catfish I currently have(sorry think I've spelt it wrong)

Thanks,
Charlie

That would be overstocking the tank, plus you would have aggression problems with that amount of cichlids in a smallish space.

If you could post the dimensions of the tank, and whether your water is hard or soft, we can help you come up with a stocking plan that will work
smile.png

Are your catfish Synodontis multipunctatus?

Agree.  If the dimensions are those on the manufacturer's site [ http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/Products/Aquariums/Rio-Line/Rio-240-black.html ] then this aquarium is much too small for angelfish or torpedo barbs (Sahyadria denisonii).  The Firemouth as a pair only might work.  The Apistogramma or one of the ram species would work but not together.  You could have some quiet upper "dither" fish in with the Apistogramma or rams.

Byron.

If you put tetras in there you won't have to feed the chiclids and barbs

skink_boy said:
If you put tetras in there you won't have to feed the chiclids and barbs

Not sure what you mean?

There are dozens of species of both barb and cichlid that can live quite happily with tetras.

Most fish families are so diverse, in both size and habits, that's impossible to generalise. The piranha, for instance, is a tetra!

Hey I recently bought the same tank - Juwel 125, and I have sand substrate and going to have a large group of corydoras, they're so cute & interesting, why don't you consider some!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back