120L Juwel Lido - 'eternal Cycle'

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OOHH!! Nice!! I've never attempted the yeast method.. I'd rather not in my opinion! Any updates on the tank?

I don't recommend yeast, if you have the option of using pressurized, do that instead!  I have members of the household (i.e. hubby) who object to pressurized cannisters in the house so I'm making it my mission to do my best at mastering the lesser art of 'farting fungi' as Kirky calls them :p

As for an update, the tank is doing well, the tiny traces of cottonmouth that made a brief reappearance have quickly receded and everybody looks happy.  I'm looking forward to getting some more Pseudomugil gertrudae, spotted blue-eyes, to keep my single female company.  She has settled in quite well but often looks a bit lonely.  The shop doesn't have any more in stock at the moment though.  Thanks for taking an interest! :)

Ok, thanks foe the heads up. I wont go down the yeast route then lol. And i cant wait to see the naw additions. Its kinda hard for me not to show an interest in such a nice tank. :)

KirkyArcher said:
smile.png
Parp!!!
what??? What's parp??

I believe he's referring to my farm of farting fungi! :)

Oh don't worry, I'm not offended!  Kirky had a key role in my CO2 system with his encouragement and advice.  My yeast recipe was copied and later adapted from his original suggestions.

I have five interchangeable yeast reactors, each named after a member of the planted community who has inspired or helped me.  Kirky has the rare honour of having his name his name on one of my reactor bottles, a privilege I know he cherishes :p

oohhh!!! I bet he's honoured.... It Is my ambition to get my name on one.... LOL

Lots of nice new growth on the salvinia

Salvinia1206_zps781762ee.jpg

Looks good, this is one reason why i like silvania natans, easy to grow and does not grow out of control quickly or anything, plus they look good too.

I'm happy to report all six Amano shrimp are alive and doing very well!
This week I saw all six together at the same time, for only the second time in the four months I've had them :lol:
One came up to show me his big long feelers:

Amano19Jun_zps781d54ec.jpg

Impressive pic.

A FOTM entry if i ever saw one ;)

Very cool :)

Thanks Charlie, hadn't thought of that, why not :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back