120G Tank Fish Ideas?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dreamer03

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I am going back to freshwater fish. I want to go buy the tank today. And get it ready to start cycling. My plan is to get 6 blood parrots, 20ish skirted tetras, and like 20ish cory cats. Should i keep that has my full stock or what else should i add?

I may be mistaken but I think the cichlids will eat your tetras.

As long as they dont fit in there mouths it should be fine right? Like i know any slender fish would be a big no.

It doesn't matter. They will still try.

I believe if she starts with fully grown skirt tetras and baby blood parrots she should be fine it's also a big tank and if everyone is well fed that will help a lot to. Can always try it and if they show aggression and try to eat them then they can be rehomed.

I agree they wont eat fish too large to fit in their mouths. Cichlids are really hunters, they can be predatory but they wont hunt and kill a fish to eat in chunks....

Blood Parrots can be unpredictable due to the mixed lines of species they are created from and also from any neurological issues they have from the breeding processes they come from. Also avoid dyed parrots.

Are you 100% set on the parrots you could look at other American Cichlids to provide a bit of variety at 120g you have loads of options :)

Wills

I will see what cichkids my lfs has. Thanks for the ideas!

Most reactions

Back