110 Gallon South American Biotope

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aw no! 
sad2.gif

Gosh darn it!

well, gotta stay positive, you have at least learned its not airstones this time round. Can't help but feel you are now much closer to finding out what the actual problem is, just can't quite get it yet, so close though.

Lets hope the water quality professional can help with more clues or better yet a solution, but won't get hopes up just in case.

Sorry you having to go through this yet again when you thought finally over and done with. 

I got my fingers and toes crossed for you to get to the bottom of this once and for all very soon!

Thanks folks... Its frustrating, but at least I have a nice shoal of neons to enjoy.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! They were doing so well!

Did they show the same symptoms as last time?

Are you sure there are no chemicals that could be getting into your tank?

Maybe (for some odd reason) you can only have certain species in your tank. ????

Is the water the same from your home tank?

What species are the fish in the other room?

Let's hope you can find out what is wrong from these professionals! 

Well, that's a rotten bit of news. So sorry you've got a case of deja vu with this tank. My 20g kills trillis and julii, but no other cats. I just need to stop trying those in that tank. All the rest seem to be fine. I hope you can find some success with a breed you like. I'll be interested to see what the test results turn up, if anything. 

Sorry if it went that way. Dont give up! you will eventually make it. Just hold on

That's really odd. Sorry to hear about that Eagles
sad.png

You say the water is the same as at your home but maybe not so(pipes difference for example) and maybe there's just some chemical in the water the bloodfins are very sensitive to and the other fish aren't.
Whatever the reason, it's highly frustrating.

Same water company... obviously the pipes can have different things.

Can't figure this out at all.

Neons are now conditioned.  They have been fed 2-3 times a day - each time I had a chance to just walk over to the tank and stare for a few minutes... now every time I come to stand in front of the tank for a few minutes they come to see me. :D

Just finished reading through the whole thread ... what a nightmare!  I hope you get some answers soon.

Wow...  Great dedication you have.  Not sure I would have actually read the whole thing.  :lol:

Thanks. 

I love a good mystery although obviously I'm sorry for the fish you've lost.

Me too...

I don't know what's up with the bloodfins, but the way the neons are getting along, I am moving forward with a new specie... I'll be adding rummynose soon.  Hopefully they will do as well as the neons have.

Lovely videos!

Those neons look fantastic :D cute cory too.

Ouch I see some scratches though, my tank is the same. :/

Fingers crossed for the rummy noses :good:

Some scratches?  Its a minefield of scratches... second hand tank. :/  Don't notice them as much in person.  :dunno:

Thanks.
good.gif

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back