10G Aquarium Free To Good Home Asap - Betta, Pygmy Corys, Adfs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

schmee

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
FREE TO GOOD HOME - Unsure what else to do, needs rescuing.
Good tank, sick betta, livestock included.

Livestock/Equipment make-model-size/Wanted/Exchange/Plants:10g Via aqua VA380 tank. Has inbuilt filter which no longer works, but also new filter, better than the original filter. Inbuilt light. Heater. Sand substrate, live plants, caves, log. WITH LIVESTOCK: black crowntail betta, 7 pygmy corys, 4 African Dwarf Frogs. Also, free: empty 20l/5g tank.
Unfortunately, when the original filter broke down, the tank began cycling again and I haven't been able to get it under control. The tank needs work. Betta has a bacterial infection.
Selling due to relocation and unable to maintain.
Collection only. Sheffield.
Age and condition: Tank been running for one year. Tank fine, but needs some TLC.
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: Relocation & regrettably unable to maintain.
Delivery or Collection: Collection
Sales price: FREE
Location: (Also please put this in the Topic Descripton line of the thread title) Sheffield
Photograph: To come.

I could take it off your hands if needed. Can collect Tuesday Evening.

Let me know. (picture would be nice)

Hi Shaddex,
That would be fantastic, if you could. I will get a pic as soon as.
Only thing is, is there any chance you can do a different day for collection, Monday, Thursday or Friday? Because I won't be at home on the Tues. Let me know.

PM me your address and ill see how far away you are.
Pictures will be good also..

Can collect any evening after monday.

Hi. Sent you a PM. Im in Sheffield. If this is available i can collect tomorrow afternoon or when evers good for you.

Ok, I don't have a recent photo. This is a photo from when all was well. I'm sorry to say that this is not the case anymore. However, someone with more experience should be able to save the situation. Understand that my all went into trying to get the water parameters back into an acceptable range with daily water changes, tests and tlc, but I was simply incapable of doing so.

Ok, it will not let me attach or post the pic as it's too big, bear with me.

I'll attach a pic of the tank instead. It's the same as this one.

I will try and get a recent one today or tomorrow and one of the other tank.

The person who collects will also need to be far more knowledgeable and experienced than me in how to transport.
Muay, I am interested. I will let Shaddex know where I am, and see whether they still want to travel and whether they want the fish. Am I understanding correctly that you just want to rescue the fish or are you also interested in the tanks?

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 79
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 92
If all these fall through I can collect whenever is best for you mate.

All the beat, David.

Thank you, you're all fantastic.

Ok, I'm attaching photos.
The first is of the tank in better times. The problems now are that due to the cycling starting again (I did fishless cycle to begin with, but admittedly over-stocked as I'm new to this), the levels have never got back in the right ranges. There is an algae problem, which may be quite superficial but again I'm not knowledgeable enough, betta has a bacterial infection and what looks like fin rot. This has all set in very recently, I really hope he can be saved. The frogs and corys seem fine. Corys aren;t as happy as they were but health-wise seem ok. They are the most fantastic fish. Betta is good-natured also, well, can be agressive but he is overcrowded. He does respond to me though and has never jumped. Frogs are fine.

Attachments

• DSCF2742a.jpg
    DSCF2742a.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 85
This is the tank now. As you can see, its much darker due to algae and plant growth. You can see some of the corys, two of the frogs and poor betta.

Attachments

• tanknow.jpg
    tanknow.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 88
Hi, Schmee. Im intersted in the tank and rescuing the fish. I can collect when evers food for you. Many thanks

Hi muay,
Can you collect either Thursday or Friday? I don't have anything to put the fish in if you are intending to take them out for transport, I'm afraid, so you will need to sort something out if poss. I will send you my address as not sure which part of Sheffield you are in.

Hi Schmee. Ive sent you a PM regarding the fish and tank etc. Yes i can collect Thursday if thats ok with you. Many thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back