1000 Us Gal Project

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Oh wow - latecomer to this thread but I can only aspire to something this impressive... so it's pretty damn big right; do you think you can accommodate a 100-and-something pound human female??

In all honesty though, this is amazing, please excuse the sheer amount of likes I've given throughout this topic - I've read all 68 pages from start to finish in the course of tonight and have really enjoyed watching this journey. I'm sorry for the losses over the years of this project, I hope your health is well and that your fish are all well, and thanks for the awesome thread :)

Also interested as to how your opinion on PFK changed over the years? Remember your posting about disliking them but saw your more recent posts about being published - and good for you, that's awesome and it sounds like you deserve the recognition! Did they change your mind in some way, or do you still dislike them? Just interested as heard good about them in the past, but if people with more experience than myself disagree then you/they are admittedly more likely right than myself

Last edited:
Anyway,we could get an update? 69 pages of "Wow,great tank!" But the last many pages have only a photo or so.
Facebook really kicked in around when this forum cooled off. I see the same thing on plant-garden and aquarium plant forums all over the internet.
I hate Zuckerberg.

Anyway,we could get an update? 69 pages of "Wow,great tank!" But the last many pages have only a photo or so.
Facebook really kicked in around when this forum cooled off. I see the same thing on plant-garden and aquarium plant forums all over the internet.
I hate Zuckerberg.

I got into forums over on ReefCentral and things have gone really downhill over there.
People are obsessed with connecting via Facebook. It's okay. I prefer forums anyday of the week for this stuff.

Nice fish in there...beautiful Datnioides,Asian arowana. I take it the OP is in Europe or Canada as they are not as we all know legal in the USA. Funny that Canada isnt part of the CITES treaty. Most first world countries are all in.
Right now,I'm not sure what I would keep in a 1,000 gallon aquarium. If it involved plants...cost goes way up on the lighting to cover that much ground. Maybe not Monster fish..fish 2 or 3'. I could see a Central American Synspilum and Blackbelts...or South American and Oscars,Uaru's, green Parrots and Chocolate cichlids.
Ok,I would try Arowanas. Yes,they get 3'..but its a snake like 3' not bulky. Plus I think of them as king of all aquarium fish..lol..royalty.

My new tank project started today with the concrete base doing in

the tank will go in a 12x9 shed and the tank will be a 8x6x3

the shed and base will be complete by the end of jan and the tank should be built in the 1st or 2nd week in feb

we have made the garden into 2 halfs one for the dogs and the other half for the tank
Are you getting a Mermaid?
23E3BB11-9CA8-4F66-B4F8-04473C9B96BF.jpeg

His last post was July of 2015. His last Youtube vid was 2018. Somewhere in 2015 he changed from Daltonides to Peacock Bass. Whatever he has looks great and healthy and lifespan goes in years for the the big fish.
Why I don't do all nano fish in the 240 gallon...they just die off too fast. For a nano aquarium,a year or two is worth it.
So far my longest lived small fish are five Snakeskin barbs. Look very healthy not aged. Just a tip.

Didn’t pay attention to dates etc. It appeared near top of the video forum.

Some project! I had a big seldom used in ground swimming pool in Southerm California. Hated all the maintenance. Maybe I should have done a very large aquarium.
😂😂😂

My cousin has one. Around many moons ago I tried to talk him into making it a pond since he and his wife never used it in there high 60's or 70's then. But no,he kept if for grandkid to use a few times a summer.
Big aquariums are great. Just that everything about them is big- very big. Pumps are big wattage users,heaters are huge or multiple,lights. Fish food you need to buy in largest cans or sack's of pellets- and both along with pounds of raw shrimp or fish.
Then when one of gadgets goes down,well,you already know its going to cost to replace it.

My cousin has one. Around many moons ago I tried to talk him into making it a pond since he and his wife never used it in there high 60's or 70's then. But no,he kept if for grandkid to use a few times a summer.
Big aquariums are great. Just that everything about them is big- very big. Pumps are big wattage users,heaters are huge or multiple,lights. Fish food you need to buy in largest cans or sack's of pellets- and both along with pounds of raw shrimp or fish.
Then when one of gadgets goes down,well,you already know its going to cost to replace it.
Wow! Sounds awesome. I do have an unused pond out front. Installed by the home owner like 50 years ago. It’s full of plants and has a spiting heron fountain that disrupts mosquito breeding

Very nice, I hear the stingrays are pretty hard to keep but the datnoids on the other hand is much hardy, I have 2 of them myself, had them for about 4 to 5 years now.

I've met this guy in his flat. It would be about 10 years ago (give or take), he lived near me in North London I believe. Is he still around?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back