100 Gallon Tank Best way for co2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Globel

Reaction score
I wanna boost up my plants in my larger tank.I have a hagen bubble counter thing in my 39 gallon tank wors good with just 1. It is recomended for 20 gallons. Should i use 5 of them for my 100 gallon tank or just use like 2 or 3 of them or is there a better thing i should use. And for lighting i use a Power glow and a natural daylight boulb gthat comes with the eclepse 3 top. Is that enuff?

To light a 100g tank your talking alot of light. You need 2-3 watts per gallon minimum and the bigger the tank the more watts you need. If I had to hazard a guess on lighting that suck (I am jellouse of your tank btw) I would go with VHO's or a lot of CF lights. (VHO= Very High Output, CF= Compact Floresent) I'd say go with around 5-6 watts per gallon and you should be able to get the 2-3 watts per gallon down to the bottom of the tank. The bigger and deeper a tank is the harder it is to light to make plants grow. Take a look at the lighting options and we can go from there.

Rose

Yea i understand what your saying but i am limited here due to my lid. I have 2 eclipse 3 tops giving me access to 4 tottal bulbs they are like 20 watt each. Can i upgrade the balests in the eclipse system?

Most reactions

Back