10 Gallon

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

amritboy

Reaction score
hey all i just have a question about my tank setup. i currently have...
1 x cremesicle lyretail molly
1 x mickey mouse platy
1 x black molly
2 x black skirted tetras
and 1 x emerald green cory

is that to many? i think i have room for 1 more probably another cory. im upgrading tanks in about a month or two soo......
leave comments!

hey all i just have a question about my tank setup. i currently have...
1 x cremesicle lyretail molly
1 x mickey mouse platy
1 x black molly
2 x black skirted tetras
and 1 x emerald green cory

is that to many? i think i have room for 1 more probably another cory. im upgrading tanks in about a month or two soo......
leave comments!
what size tank isit.?
tetras should be in a group of 6 atleast.
corys should be in a group of 6 atleast.

I would say that you are fully stocked for a 10 gallon. More fish could be housed in it temporarily but it should not be stocked any higher for the long term.

bump.... come on guys!

40 minutes isn't alot of time for people to respond - have some patience, people are willing to give you advice but don't live on their PC's.

And as already stated, corys should be in groups of 5/6 or more, tetras in groups of 6 or more but you don't have enough room to add anymore.

Personally I'd take the cory and tetra's back to your LFS and try and get store credit for them, then get 6 ember tetra's.

I would add 2 more cory's. They need to be in shoals of at least 3, 6 is best, but your limited on space. And yeah, tetras should be in shoals of at least 6, but I dont think you have the space for them. Maybe look into a 20gal long if you can. and then you can add more tetras and cory's with no worries.

All you current fish should really be in schools of at least 5. Individuals become stressed quickly and usually die much younger. That cory species reaches around 3" which is too big really for a 10 gallon tank. Mollies actually do better in brackish conditions and are really too big for a 10 gallon. Black skirt tetra are quite active and would do better in a longer tank. All in all I think you need to have a rethink of your current stock. A 10 gallon is only really suitable for micro species. Link in my sig with advise.

:good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back