10 Gallon Stockin Plan

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
The only things in it are two mystery snails. I'd love to have a dwarf gourami. Could I put one in? What else could I put with it?

Dwarf Gouramis are a bit delicate, and can be prone to many diseases. If you want a Gourami, I'd suggest a Honey Gourami. (If you can get your hands on one! :p) The ones I've seen at my LFS are about 2"-3" long, and they are ADORABLE! But I would suggest a pair, if you go for them.
Here's a what they look like, and some information. (Just a warning: without a mate, male Gouramis do tend to be aggressive towards other fish)
redhoney_gourami.jpg

http://tropicalfishandaquariums.com/Gouramis/HoneyGourami.asp
Also, maybe 6-8 schooling fish (Tetras, Rasboras, etc.) And a bottom feeder (or a group of bottom feeders) usually finishes the tank. Maybe Kuhli Loaches or a Corydoras of some sort.

So,:
2 Honey Gouramis
6-8 small schooling fish
1-6 Loaches, Corys, or other bottom feeders
Hope this helps!

Won't loaches grow too big?? I always thought it needed to be minimum 30 gallons!

I have a 10gal. tank with 3 Kuhlis (and I'm hoping to get 3 more), and they're fine. But I don't mean to go out and get like a 5" Clown Loach or something like that! Just a small loach. Or, like I said, any other bottom feeder. (That is small) I find most Corydoras are small and would do a good job with leftover food. (The only one I had died after one day, but I have still seen on many websites that they are recommended.) Even an algae eater like an Otocinclus would be great.

YES!! Im gonna get 5-6 kuhlis! I gotta say I really only like dwarf gouramis. None of the others really catch my eye... What else could i get without a gourami or two?

How's this:
A pair of dwarf gourami -OR- 1 or 2 showcase fish
5-7 small schooling fish
5-6 kuhli loaches
6-8 ghost shrimp

What's a good schooling fish that's like green? I don't want red/blue because of the gourami and so green maybe? Or what's a good showcase fish?

Green neons, even though they are eally tiny. Also, what substrate do you have? If its gravel you should avoind kulhis and cories, they like sand. Either pick the schooling fish or the bottom feeders. No more than 18 fish in a 10 gallon. And thats small fish too.

For schooling fish, I' go with a Neon Green Rasbora, but I've never seen one anywhere. You could probably order them online. As for showcase fish, I'm not so sure... Maybe stick with the Dwarf Gourami/Gouramis then. Otherwise, I love the tank setup! :hyper:
The Rasbora:
neon_green_rasbora_110818a2_w0640.jpg

What a nice fish, i second them because hreen neons are delicate and small.

I have sand. How about I use one of my calm male bettas as a showcase? He does just fine with others! So, betta + 6 kuhlis = 7 fish! Room for a small school as well then. I'll have to look into those rasboras! Never heard of em!!

I think the Kuhlis will love the sand! And I was thinking of getting a group of the Rasboras while my tank was cycling, but I couldn't find them anywhere! They are quite small though, and do school. They were the first thing that popped into my head when you asked for something green! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back