10 gallon plans

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

thelonerasbora

Reaction score
I have decided to finally do something with an old 10 gallon I've had for a while. As of right now it has 1 piece of spider wood, a sorry looking crypt wendetii, 2 anubias nana petite, gravel, and a small sponge filter.
In the future, I hope for this to be a show tank that I can pull from every month or so to sell to my LFS. I want to get some vallisneria, rotala rotundafolia, and some other green mid/background plant. In terms of livestock I was thinking white clouds and some cherry shrimp.
In terms of questions I would like to know if it would be possible to keep up with the background plants, and if the shrimp would eat the fish eggs.

I have decided to finally do something with an old 10 gallon I've had for a while. As of right now it has 1 piece of spider wood, a sorry looking crypt wendetii, 2 anubias nana petite, gravel, and a small sponge filter.
In the future, I hope for this to be a show tank that I can pull from every month or so to sell to my LFS. I want to get some vallisneria, rotala rotundafolia, and some other green mid/background plant. In terms of livestock I was thinking white clouds and some cherry shrimp.
In terms of questions I would like to know if it would be possible to keep up with the background plants, and if the shrimp would eat the fish eggs.
I have kept 6-7 white clouds and 2 Amano shrimp together in a 10g for a while now.
It's a great tank.

Shrimp will eat just about everything, they are scavengers so yes they will eat eggs like snails and fish.

Ok thank you. I guess I'll focus on establishing the tank before I worry about breeding.
I have had red eyed tetra fry in a tank only 3 months old that grew to adults but it is best to wait until you tank is fully established which is usually 6 months or longer. White cloud minnows are hardy and good beginners fish and look nice. I heard people refer to them as the poor mans neon. I wish my neon were as hardy as they are. I also read that they are much easier to breed than my tetras. Good luck.

thank you retired viking.
my tap water is really hard. does anyone know if that could be bad for them in any way?

thank you retired viking.
my tap water is really hard. does anyone know if that could be bad for them in any way?
Could you get a specific number? Hard and soft water means totally different things to fishkeepers and water companies and it varies between the two

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back