10 Gallon hospital / quarantine / breeding tank.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Plan-B

Reaction score
I want to set up a bare bones, no gravel, no decorations 10 Gallon tank for hospital, quarantine and breeding purposes. Iā€™m wondering what size and type of filters would best suite those needs. Would it need to be aerated? Also I am unsure how one would maintain the nitrogen cycle when the tank is unoccupied. Basically I know nothing about how I should set this tank up so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Plan.

Plan-B said:
I want to set up a bare bones, no gravel, no decorations 10 Gallon tank for hospital, quarantine and breeding purposes. Iā€™m wondering what size and type of filters would best suite those needs. Would it need to be aerated? Also I am unsure how one would maintain the nitrogen cycle when the tank is unoccupied. Basically I know nothing about how I should set this tank up so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Plan.
Easiest way is to use either a sponge filter or a small power filter such as Aqua Clear Mini.

Personally, I run spare filters in other tanks when these tanks are not in use. When I need to setup, I simply pop the filter out of the mature tanks and use it in the new tank. Instant cycle.

Most reactions

trending

Back