Video 10 Gallon Freshwater Aquarium Tour

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BryceHockey

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is a brief look at my 10 gallon aquarium that has been running since January of '08. It is a tropical Amazon theme.

Stocking:
2 Black Phantom Tetras (1 Male, 1 Female)
2 Pristella Tetras
5 Cardinal Tetras

The plants are all live, and I plan to add another plant in the near future.

10 Gallon Freshwater Aquarium Tour

Feel free to post any comments!

Seems like people here are more interested in pictures than video, I may have to just get the camera out instead.

hi beautiful tank one question tho... i thought heaters were meant to be set up diagonally, any idea why? your tank is lush mine is in early stages of cycling, but i love tetrasvwish i could do 4 of each type x

hi beautiful tank one question tho... i thought heaters were meant to be set up diagonally, any idea why? your tank is lush mine is in early stages of cycling, but i love tetrasvwish i could do 4 of each type x

Hi Lily, my tank has actually changed a LOT since that video, it's now black gravel and I'm re-planting it with some different plant species.

Most heaters are placed at an angle, but the only reason that I have ever heard for this is to keep them lower in the tank. Obviously if you are lowering the water level below the heater, you have to unplug it, so having it diagonally helps prevent that. In my case though I have never had a problem, with a 25% water change the water doesn't go below the line and if I do a larger change I just unplug it. I have it straight so it took up less space in a small tank.

How big is your tank? As someone who started off with some types of tetras in only a group of 2, believe me it is worth having less species variation and larger groups of the same type. They can live fine in a tiny group but they are so much more active and lively in a larger group!

Great little video and aquarium, love the brilliant colourings of the Cardinals there! :nod:

nicely done (great soundtrack too!) I'm a fellow 10 gallon fishkeeper. I keep getting ideas for what I'd like to put in my tank, but I'm' stocked full.... for now... :devil:

Very nice tank and video, whats the music you used, I recognize it from somewhere.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back