10 Gallon Column

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Freddy Robins

Reaction score
Hey all, so about a year ago I gifted my sister a 10 gallon column tank. (I know realise that they aren't the best footprint 12.5" x 12.5" x 19.5") It turned out to be a complete failure. So I was wondering if there was anything that did well in a tall tank? I was thinking about doing a beta and some kind of shrimp, or a crawfish. Is there anything that would thrive in a taller tank? Thanks! If you think I should stock with something else, let me know!

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 367
Shrimp are probably your best bet. What about filling it halfway as a planted tank and putting a mini riparium in the top half.

Shrimp are probably your best bet. What about filling it halfway as a planted tank and putting a mini riparium in the top half.
A mini riparium sounds cool, would I be able to put anything in it or would it just be planted?

You could also do a betta since they swim the entire tank. If you do that then I would put a couple of betta leafs/hammocks on the side walls and some tall plants so he can rest closer to the top. Perhaps not fill it as full either.

You could also do a betta since they swim the entire tank. If you do that then I would put a couple of betta leafs/hammocks on the side walls and some tall glass Kant’s so he can rest closer to the top. Perhaps not fill it as full either.
That sounds good, would I be able to do some dwarf shrimp as well? Or with that footprint, would the betta make a quick snack of them ?

A betta wouldn’t eat the adult shrimp but he would probably snack on shrimplets. If you place some small piles of rocks and low plants some will survive. Shrimp normally prefer low 70’sF water though and a betta needs a temp of 79-80F.

A betta wouldn’t eat the adult shrimp but he would probably snack on shrimplets. If you place some small piles of rocks and low plants some will survive. Shrimp normally prefer low 70’sF water though and a betta needs a temp of 79-80F.
Alright, thanks. I think I'm gonna go with just a betta when I get the tank. It should look nice planted (probably gonna add a plakat betta, I've always wanted one!)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back