10 Gallon Aquascaping Help?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

xXLeafeonXx

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want my 10 gallon to look like this any idea how?

Search Results

Aquascape Makassar Go Green My Bedroom - YouTube

Lots and lots of practice.
Start with a piece of wood you like and some moss. Practice making a tree until you get what you like, then go from there.

Looks like dwarf hair grass on the left and glosso on the right.
But you could always use a different moss as a carpet.

I want to use a really fast growing carpet what could use?

Growth will depend upon light, ferts, CO2, and how much you are starting with.
Give them enough light and some ferts, I use Seachem Flourish, and most plants grow quite well. Adding CO2 helps boost growth, but if not going high-tech, or using mosses, thwy aren't absolutely nessecary.
Dwarf/pygmy chain sword is a good fast grower that works as a carpet.

I have about 4.5 watts per gallon I also have Diy Co2. 
How long should it take for this tank to grow?
Also when I'm planting the carpet plant should I be planting stem by stem or plant the plant with the small pot?

If it's in a pot, remove it from the pot. Remove anything, rockwool, gel, et cetera from around the roots and pop em in.
4.5 watts a gallon? Wow on a 10gal., mine are only 2 on my 10 and 55. But I don't have any high needs plants.
Have not gone the CO2 route. Just don't forget the ferts and it should grow fairly quickly.

I'm having a problem with hair algae. I also have this weird type of algae growing on the glass of the tank.

Lights, nutrients, CO2. When one of these gets out of whack algae gets going.
Which type of hair algae? Different types need different methods for eradication.
A description of both or pictures would help.

First algae is normal hair algae. The other algae growing on the glass is whitish and stringy? I'm going to add plants a dwarf puffer and a clean up crew of 2 amano shrimp and nerite snails.

Not aware of any algae that is white and stringy.
While a clean up crew is fine it is better to treat the cauase than the symptoms.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back