10 gal re-scape ideas needed!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

M!NK

Reaction score
Hi there! I've had my 10 gallon for a while now, and it has gone under 3 rescapings so far, but none of them have appealed to me. I would like some help on remaking the scape to mimic a natural habitat as much as possible, while I'm aware that the substrate doesn't exactly strike me as 'river floor,' that's something I'll be fixing later on by buying a more natural substrate. I'd appreciate any help I can get! Thank you and have a good day :)

Photo below: current tank setup

Attachments

• CC77D07C-660C-4B38-96FF-5C9FAE2A6421.jpeg
    CC77D07C-660C-4B38-96FF-5C9FAE2A6421.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 301
I would go with trying to get more height towards the center. I would try to make an arch with the dragon stone. Good luck!

As for plants, try grouping them, because right now they look a little too spread out. I think it looks pretty good as is!

I would go with trying to get more height towards the center. I would try to make an arch with the dragon stone. Good luck!

Thank you!! Where would you suggest I put the dragon stone arch? I forgot to mention it in my post (*sigh* my memory I just suffering nowadays, sorry about this) but I'd like to have the little palace-thing to be in the center since it's my loaches' favorite place to hide. I feel as though having the long, tall Ludwigia and Val back up it will really enhance it (thank the lord for your idea haha, I hate the tank looking bare of plants and your idea shot that out of the water) but I don't quite know what to do with the dragonstone in that case. It's really gorgeous in my opinion so I want to find a way to highlight it as well.

Thank you!! Where would you suggest I put the dragon stone arch? I forgot to mention it in my post (*sigh* my memory I just suffering nowadays, sorry about this) but I'd like to have the little palace-thing to be in the center since it's my loaches' favorite place to hide. I feel as though having the long, tall Ludwigia and Val back up it will really enhance it (thank the lord for your idea haha, I hate the tank looking bare of plants and your idea shot that out of the water) but I don't quite know what to do with the dragonstone in that case. It's really gorgeous in my opinion so I want to find a way to highlight it as well.
Well, I would put it (the arch) on the left, from the closest corner going close to the back middle. You can still have your palace in the middle. I would put the Val and Lud. Behind the arch, and either have open space, or put the other plant (is it wisteria, or water sprite, I can’t tell) on the right side to make it not feel empty. If you want, I can sketch it out

That would be extremely helpful. I'm terrible at visualizing things so a sketch would really help. Thank you so much for all your help!

That would be extremely helpful. I'm terrible at visualizing things so a sketch would really help. Thank you so much for all your help!
I’ll get that to you later tonight. If not, then tomorrow morning. It’s no problem!

upload_2019-6-20_23-45-22.jpeg

(sorry for the bad sketch :/)
Here’s kind of what I would do

I think your tank looks great. Once you finalize the look that you want, I think you should enter the Tank of the Month contest for others to judge your final look. Contest starts on July 1st..you will see a banner at top of forums which is linked to the contest.

Meanwhile, please vote in our Fish of the Month contest by clicking on banner at top of forum .. Then view entries and please vote.

The only thing I do think needs changing is the substrate, which you mentioned intending. White is never a good substrate colour, and here it draws the eye to the substrate instead of the fish, which is not what you want. And the fish will prefer it too! Given the tank size, use sand; a dark play sand is inexpensive, safe, and natural in appearance. Sand will make the space appear larger, whereas the present gravel does just the opposite by drawing attention to itself.

Thank you everyone for your input!! I will definitely be putting dark sand in and special thanks to Spen2cer for giving me a great layout! Here's the finished product with my own little flare to it!! I'm personally super happy with it as it makes me feel like my tank isn't bare and hardly planted. Thoughts? Comments?

Attachments

• 112D166D-64A6-43FB-8B51-250CB790DCB2.jpeg
    112D166D-64A6-43FB-8B51-250CB790DCB2.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 161

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back