10 gal community tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VelvetBetta

Reaction score
I got a betta (velvet thunder) about a mount ago since then I have added 5 harliquen rasboras and 6 glow light tetras. Thunder was fine with this he still acts the same and does not chance or attack them. I was thinking of getting some Pygmy corydoras and I was wondering how many I should get or if my tank is already too full. I have two live plants in there too.

Sadly 12 fish is too much for your tank. So please do not get anymore. What are the parameters for your tank? Having that many fish in a 10g tank can cause an unhealthy situation.

Please provide the following readings.

Ammonia

Nitrite

Nitrate

PH

Hardness of Water (Can be discovered by doing a quick google search)

Water temp

My tank is 25cm x 35cm and 30cm deep.
I had my water tested about a week ago at my local pet store.
ammonia < 0.1mg
Nitrate 30
Nitrite 0
PH 6.8
Harness of water 20mg/L
Water temp 24

Do yo junk I should remove some of my fish? I don't want them to get sick or die.

My tank is 25cm x 35cm and 30cm deep.
I had my water tested about a week ago at my local pet store.
ammonia < 0.1mg
Nitrate 30
Nitrite 0
PH 6.8
Harness of water 20mg/L
Water temp 24

Do yo junk I should remove some of my fish? I don't want them to get sick or die.
I suggest purchasing your own liquid test kit as most pet store testing is unreliable. For a tank like yours you would need routine testing. Results from a week ago could be drastically different now. You can purchase API freshwater test kit for less than 30$. It's even cheaper on amazon. These test kits are very accurate with easy instructions to follow and you get A TON of tests out of this small container so you'll save money by using it instead of test strips. A small box of 10 test strips at my LFS costs around 8$ after tax. So I can get 16-24 test strips (only 24 tests able to be done) or get a kit and get ten times the amount for the same money.

Nitrates, Ammonia, and Nitrites should be zero. I recommend an immediate water change. I'd do either two small amounts of 20% to 30% back to back or one large 50% if you are able.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back