1 year in the hobby

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Its now a year since i started the fish keeping hobby. All in all its been fantastic and ive really enjoyed learning and building up my fish keeping knowledge.

Its not been all plain sailing for me (had issuses with some Rainbowfish) but on the whole its been enjoyable and a really rewarding hobby.
Im a very hands on person and like to keep busy all the time (got to be doing something) but ive found the hobbies helped me slow down and relax alot more.

Ive built 3 tanks in my first year and already looking at my next project (next ones a biggy :hyper: ) really pleased how theyve turned out so far and ill continue to try and add and improve them going forward.
20200225_201452.jpg
20200225_194321.jpg

20200226_135050.jpg

Heres to many more :rofl: MTS indeed.

Finally i must say this forum as been a big factor in me enjoying the hobby. So much better knowing you can get good reliable advise/information of people who have been there and done it over decades. Always come to this forum to double check myself before i do things.
So thank you TFF and all you lovely members who make this forum what it is :thanks:

Last edited:
I love the first tank! Well obviously I love all of them, because, well, FISH! But the first is my favorite

I love the first tank! Well obviously I love all of them, because, well, FISH! But the first is my favorite
The first ones my favorite too :) i probably shouldnt have a favorite but that ones my main display tank. The other two are getting some extra pampering now tho lol

I think they all look great, I picked up some of the thick leaved anacharis like yours and now have it also in my tanks.

I think they all look great, I picked up some of the thick leaved anacharis like yours and now have it also in my tanks.
Bomb proof anacharis is. (I perfer the thick leaved) Only got it in the middle tank at the moment. Got hornwort instead in the big tank. Ive really took a liking to crypts. Got them in all my tanks and just put 5 different varieties in my 15 gallon :shifty:

My hornwort grew so much I had to split it in 2 and have it as a floating plant in my 55 gallon, shade for my tetras :fish:My Anacharis in my 55 gallon is bent over from getting so tall.;)

My hornwort grew so much I had to split it in 2 and have it as a floating plant in my 55 gallon, shade for my tetras :fish:My Anacharis in my 55 gallon is bent over from getting so tall.;)
I like hornwort because it does grow quickly. My Rosy barb took a liking to it at first but leave it alone now. Im thinking of changing it tho with something a bit thicker. Brought some Ambulia LIMNOPHILA SESSILIFLORA for my 29g. It fills the tank out more so i might try that if it goes ok in that tank.
20200226_194315.jpg

Pictures of my hornwort floating and my Anacharis, I am going to have to spread the hornwort out it is getting too thick

Attachments

• GEDC1186.JPG
    GEDC1186.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 106
  • GEDC1188.JPG
    GEDC1188.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 145
I had it planted in the shrimp tank and let the sun shine on it for about two weeks. I am working on a 30 gallon tall and plan on moving some of my hornwort and Anacharis to is so I will be doing some trimming when that time comes. I was going to change my LOTR themed castle to a sunken forest but now I may do that with the 30 gallon instead and leave the castle. Here is a picture of the new anacharis on the other end of the tank. My glow light tetras seem to like it.

Attachments

• GEDC1185.JPG
    GEDC1185.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 108
I had it planted in the shrimp tank and let the sun shine on it for about two weeks. I am working on a 30 gallon tall and plan on moving some of my hornwort and Anacharis to is so I will be doing some trimming when that time comes. I was going to change my LOTR themed castle to a sunken forest but now I may do that with the 30 gallon instead and leave the castle. Here is a picture of the new anacharis on the other end of the tank. My glow light tetras seem to like it.
Sunken forest sounds pretty cool :cool:Anacharis does really suit you theme. What your planning for your 30 stocking wise

Sunken forest sounds pretty cool :cool:Anacharis does really suit you theme. What your planning for your 30 stocking wise
This is what the tank will look like without water or plants, I plan on attach some Jave Ferns to the stumps, I have fine dark gravel (3mm) Not sure yet on fish, I may only go with 2 stumps because it feels crowded.

Attachments

• GEDC1190.JPG
    GEDC1190.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 114
  • GEDC1191.JPG
    GEDC1191.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 148
I tried hornwort once and it totally fell apart in my tank. Little needles everywhere! I completely lost my mind trying to get it out of the filter and off of everything else in the tank. I don't know why it hated my tank so much, but I've been scared to try it again.

I tried hornwort once and it totally fell apart in my tank. Little needles everywhere! I completely lost my mind trying to get it out of the filter and off of everything else in the tank. I don't know why it hated my tank so much, but I've been scared to try it again.
First time I tried it my golden mystery snails loved it and ate most of it. :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back