1 X Male Ctenopoma Acutirostre.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
i am sadly having to part with my beautifull perch.... ive had him since he was less than an inch and has now shot up to about 3 inches. ive had him for a while now and never had any problems with the fish, he eats very well and is very healthy.
im selling him as i no longer have a tank suitable for him. im adding a group of very small cardinal tetras to my tank and i know they will be his lunch.... these fish are predators but will only eat fish that will fit in its mouth so my tetras dont really stand a chance as they are tiny still!
he has been kept in pH 7.8 and 30 degrees and in with discus, SAE's, platys, angels, corys since having him with no problems at all. although they are predators they arent aggressive and will be fine in a com tank set up as long as you dont have tiny fish in with him too.
he is one of my favourite fish and if i had a tank suitable for him then i would keep him but i dont so he has to go im affraid :( my other tanks are breeding tanks and species tanks....
he will grow to about 6 inches when fully grown so will need a good sized tank.
006-4.jpg

007-6.jpg

004-8.jpg

these arent very common fish in fact ive only ever come accross them twice at lfs. price wise im open to offers but would like £10 ish for him i think. he isnt shy and is the first fish to meet you at the glass, he even beats my greedy discus there....
im in south leicestershire and would prefer collection or i can deliver locally for fuel costs, otherwise postage at buyers expense and risk.

Awwww hes gorg! I wish i could take him but there is two reasons i can't:
1) Not a big enough tank.
2) Can't pick up and wouldn't want him delivered just in case.

I hope you find someone soon.

~AJ~

Awwww hes gorg! I wish i could take him but there is two reasons i can't:
1) Not a big enough tank.
2) Can't pick up and wouldn't want him delivered just in case.

I hope you find someone soon.

~AJ~
these fish really are beautifull, im trying to find a way of keeping him but struggling unless he goes in a rio 180 on his own......

Awww i feel so helpless when things like this happen! Grrrrr at my tiny tank full of guppies.

~AJ~

cant afford him mate or i would have him with the angels

Lovely fish - I have one that I've had for over a year - roughly 4" now. Would love another but I'm far too far from you. One question - how did you sex it?

Lovely fish - I have one that I've had for over a year - roughly 4" now. Would love another but I'm far too far from you. One question - how did you sex it?
Hi Lisa,

the way to sex these fish is by looking at the gill plates and if it has small spikes near the top then its a male, if it doesnt then its a female. these spikes are quite small and hard to see unless you get up close :good:

How big are the tetras? My 4 have been in with 1.5" neon (praecox) rainbows with no casualties.

You will find his growth slows down a bit now too.

These are fascinating fish, anyone looking at this and considering it then go for it, mine are probably my favourite fish.

How big are the tetras? My 4 have been in with 1.5" neon (praecox) rainbows with no casualties.

You will find his growth slows down a bit now too.

These are fascinating fish, anyone looking at this and considering it then go for it, mine are probably my favourite fish.
Hi Indigoj, im gutted i have to let him go.... i really have given it some thought but the only way of keeping him is in a 2ft tank or a rio 180 on his own! he really has grown lots over the last few months and is also possibly my favourite fish and so different to other tropicals with such a great personality but the tetras are only about an inch at the minute. i couldnt find any cardinals any bigger locally :crazy:

no body wants him........! :crazy:

i really dont want to take him to lfs but hes in a tank on his own and i could do with the space for qt of new fish

if your giving him away to the LFS would he got with the oscars or will he just be food :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back