1,900 gallon plant aquarium. No Co2. plus huge Madagascar Lace plant.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This learning center has no Co2 in use..but plants are luxuriating in growth. I got a little pithy until I learned its for kids and underfunded. In that sense,they've done a great job and any 1,900 gallon plant tank that uses no Co2 and small filters...relying on plants mostly to absorb toxins is my kind of aquarium.

The Lace plant in one of the other aquariums...be alert!

Wow, great looking wrap around aquarium and nice variety of fish :kana: Plenty of nice looking fish in the other tanks too :fish:

If that's treated like a home aquarium with 30-50% water changes per week? Its already out of my California water rates in cost.
Unless,I gave up showers, drinking,water for cooking,flushing,let the yards die. Might be worth it!

They probably don't water change it that often, maybe once a month if the fish are lucky. They might treat it like a pond and simply top it up when water evaporates.

With that size tank and all small fish..it probably could go a month easy. I can't because I like to see my fish get fat...

Had to come back since this is my inspiration right now. What I like best? Is there are A LOT OF FISH.. it's not like those Co2 tanks with plants that have only tiny fish...I can see like 30 M.boesemani alone and the Angels,barbs. Not an algae covered leaf.
No,I don't see Monte Carlo...but what's in there looks great.
I'm so close to done adding to my aquarium. Plants or Fish, and not just because of the pandemic..in general,no room.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back