1-2 gallon tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JAYJT

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi people,
Since reading various posts on here i have now decided i want to get a betta and want a small tank 1-2 gal (which seems to be the norm for keeping these great fish alone.
I have just spent an hour and a half searching online to see if there were any places on the net that sold them in the uk.
I want it one with a light fitting already in the lid does anyone know from the U.K. if there is such a site???
i dont need anything else as i have just been given a small pump and heater

:dunno: Can anyone help???? :dunno:

my LFS does not sell them and nor does his supplier, either that or he could not be botherd as there not alot of money

Cheers :/ :/ :/

I would go for a 5g that way you could add some cories and it would really benefit the community (OF 1 betta :D ) as they are interesting fish and eat up all that uneaten food :D

Do they make heaters for small tanks? I want to get a small tank (less than 5 gallons) for a betta and was wondering if there are heaters for them. I haven't seen them in stores but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Are their wal-marts there? Wal-mart sells a heater for 2-5 gallon tanks. They also have a one gallon tank with pump, undergravel filter, and light for 20 bucks. They have one for ten but it doesn't come with a light. It's in the shape of a triangle. They say they can be used as bookends. Eh, whatever.

I would firmly suggest a 4 gal tank! I chose a Hagen Hex a' fun tank (4 gal) and a visi-therm 25w heater. My Betta loves it and there is enough space in the tank to put a few more fish aswell :D

Department store Nazis :lol: :rofl: thats great. Fortunatlet we don't get massive companies (Well not too massive companies) monopolising everything Phew!

i am gonna try an old 4l crown royal bottle it seems perfect and it would look neet to but of coarse im gonna clean it good :S

Someone asked about heaters for small tanks. One thing to remember, when incandescent lighting is used versus flourescent, it will heat the water when left on. I have a 2.5 gallon housing 3 tiny tiny dwarf puffers at the moment and the light alone keeps the tank at a good temperature, with only a very slight drop when the light is off at night. At the moment I am trying to find the tank I want for them but as they are in good health and aren't suffering from the drop in temp. which is around 1-2 degrees in about 12 hours, I am in no big rush. Just wanted you to know that so you don't overheat the fish. Also, bear in mind that if that small heater malfunctions, in a small tank like that, it won't take long to cook your fish! I wouldn't use a heater in anything smaller than a 10 gallon but that's just my opinion!

Allie

Most reactions

trending

Back