1 + 1 = Trouble?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BMBLSAD

Reaction score
Hey all
I am consolidating some tanks to reduce my maintenance schedule. I have a female BN pleco in a 15g with a nerite, and a male BNP in a 40g breeder with 8 rasboras and 4 mystery snails (they all just moved from their 29g to the 40g tonight). I'd like to put the female in the 40, too, move the betta to my 5.5g, and take down the 15. But... is moving the female in with the male a good idea? Could there be aggression? or the opposite? I don't want to breed them. My other option is to move her into the 75g with 4 orandas. But I hesitate because the male BN pleco was aggressive to the orandas when they shared space together previously. Everything I read said BN plecos and GF were good tank mates but that was not the case with my male BNP. Are females less aggressive? Appreciate any thoughts you might have on this.

General rule is to not keep more than one pleco in a tank because they can be territorial and also because they are messy dirty fish. Ive never kept 2 BN plecs in the same tank but ive seen people that have. Maybe if they both have enough hiding spaces and especially enough wood because they need wood they might be ok but youll never know til you try. So give it a try if they are fighting all the time not just chasing then might need to send them to their own rooms.;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back