0% Water Changes??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oops, forgot to be specific about only having to double the dose when using my particular brand of dechlorinator. Thanks for clearing that one up Eddie/CM. I wouldn't want people underdosing their water changes! It's SO easy to inadvertantly give bad advise! :*)

WK

No problem Waterloo!!!

As Eddie said, on your side of the pond things are sometimes a little different. I should have taken that into account :*) :*) :*)

No harm done though!! :D :D :D

CM

Now I've HEARD this, so I don't know if it's true.

Doesn't neutralizing Chloramines result in Ammonia?

If so, how much? Do I really need to worry about it? How long should I wait to let the Ammonia disperse/decompose? This was a solution offered to me by the same who told me about it.

I feel like I need to know this.

Waterloo,

Nice to find another Taffy on the board :D . I checked with Hyder (used to be Welsh Water) and they told me that they always use Chlorine and never Chloramine, so I should be OK on that score. As for other lfs, I use Maidenhead myself. I knew it was closed but I didn't know why, any ideas what happened exactly ?

I have also heared that there is a shop in Barry, but I've not been there myself, I'll try and confirm that.

I think something electrical went super-nova! Only the Koi area was saved. I went there last weekend to see if anything had been done and the main shop is just a burnt out shell. It'll be some time before it re-opens.

Waterloo,

I phoned Maidenhead@Cardiff again today, the pond section is open and they are open for general products, but they do not have any tropical fish yet, they expect to be open on Good Friday (18th April I think).

PC.

Cheers PC,
April 18th seems awefully optimistic! Let's hope though as I need some new fish. The Cwmbran branch is worth a quick visit though. Not a huge place but a typical Maidenhead shop with a good selection of fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back