Zikofski's Ada 60H (45) Iwagumi Tank Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

okay so i got some bad new's and good new's

firstly the bad news, i lost a fantasy blue yesterday out of the blue, looked perfectly healthy before hand. strange, so i am now down to 1 fantasy blue, and apparently i also have a chocolate sakura think its called which was accidentally given to me when i bought the fantasy blues last time. so time for the good news which i have a lot :) firstly my choco shrimp is berried who the father is no idea what colours shrimp i will receive no idea, i also have a cherry shrimp berried but i have moved all my cherrys to the veggie filter now. 

i also received my new batch of fantasy blue, these will be the last batch i buy for a while, the good news is i spoke to the manager about the choco shrimp and he gave me an extra free fantasy blue so i have 11 to add and that will make 12, i hope these breed before they die :( and hopefully non won't die. they have been acclimatising for the past few hours and will move them into the tank shortly.

algae - hmm algae is a huge problem i the tank surprisingly not on my cuba but more on the rocks i just cleaned them and hopefully it will quieten down in there on that side but i shall monitor it, my nitrate has plummet now that my veggie filter is established a little more and plants are growing well in there, so now my nitrate is around 10ppm

il get some pics to follow later

omg i have a baby shrimp 
yahoo.gif

yahoo.gif

yahoo.gif

i saw it about 2mm in length so so tiny no colour on it yet, this was after i removed 2 or 3 buckets of water and then i checked my bucket and i have 3 more in there that where less than 1mm in thenth probably 1/10th of 1mm so so tiny just look like bugs rather than shrimp but i presume they are shrimp, so sadly i kinda ruined my scape a little poring them back in with the buckets substrate and cuba when flying :( but i have baby shrimp 
yahoo.gif

il try and get a pic of this tiny little fella 

yaaay! 
yahoo.gif

Nice one!

Love seeing new shrimplets :)

thnx everyone can't get pics they are too small and to quick but i did manage to net two and make a video
smile.png
they are never out and i can never see them i wonder if this is because i have fish in the tank and there for they are hiding all the time within my cuba, i guess good but i hope they do make it to adult hood and not just a free meal for my rasboras on another note i did notice my rasboars rubbing against each other? what behaviour is this very strange never seen them do this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCHqxH8KRm8

Nice.

Either that net is massive or these two shrimps are tiny :lol:

the net is 150mm net :) il let some one else work out the math :p

It's amazing to see your first shrimplets! Congrats on getting a video of them, Zik - no mean feat when they are so small!

My rasporas rub against eachother as well. I have assumed it is a dominance behavior cause it is only with the one larger male that they do this with. 

thnx stanleo thats gd its just dominance.

and i have seen more baby shrimp today getting larger and i counted around 8 to 10 of them, some clear colour some looking rather red now so i may need to move these shrimps once they grow up a little to my veggie filter as i want this tank to be purely fantasy blue

You have 8 or 10 baby shrimp??? Wow what are you feeding them... :lol: 

Hope all is going well Z. 

yea :D I've started seeing some swim about the tank now i am 100% sure they are turning red so i will need to move them as and when i see them to my other tank,

@DM i don't feed them, nor do i feed my adult shrimp yet, as the stock is to low there is enough bio film in the tank to support them at the moment. i do feed my fish tho once or twice a week

UPDATE:

i did my last WC last sunday and since then the tank has been in a black out lights out co2 off and no ferts trying to contain this algae a little bit, i have been dosing 5ml of Excel tho to help and so far no deaths i also started adding Salty Shrimp to the tank and so far no deaths and all is good :)  more cuba is floating around after my mess that i created so i think i will need to get some more ADA Amazonia and put some more in fill out the back a bit more and replant the cuba properly i have a job interview in the next 2 weeks so i may do it after that :)

Yoohoo how's it going Zik?
Are your baby shrimp now parents themselves yet?

hey sorry peeps I've been frantic first few months of this year, this tank as you know it no longer going, i had to move, so its all changed, took out the cuba and the rocks, and i now have wood in it, no fish or shrimp and no plants just letting the dust settle and taking my time as i have a new job now so busy busy busy all the time.

PS i moved back down south england :D back to my home land woo. il try and post a pic up over the next month or so not sure what plants to get for the wood, its roots thin and twisty roots 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back